Escape/Enter Keys Not Triggering KeyDown Event in Canvas?

Letters, punctuation, & numbers fire the KeyDown event in a canvas, but Escape and Enter keys do not.

Is this standard behavior? Am I missing something? I haven’t tested every key yet. I saw a forum post about setting up a timer to do polling of certain keys. I don’t think that’s what I’m looking for.

I’ve tried 64 and 32 bit. Windows 10 Xojo 2018R1.1

please post the Keydown event where you expect to detect these keys.
I don’t have 2018, but key detection for all but a super small handful of OS specific keys has never been a problem for me. and this include capturing all the keys you mentioned.

[quote=395819:@Dave S]please post the Keydown event where you expect to detect these keys.
I don’t have 2018, but key detection for all but a super small handful of OS specific keys has never been a problem for me. and this include capturing all the keys you mentioned.[/quote]

Nothing special in the keydown event. I can tap the escape key all day while the canvas has focus and nothing happens. I hit a letter or number and the event is triggered.

if Asc(key) = 27 then //escape //do something end if

For that matter, seems like control keys are not being recognized(shift, alt, control, escape…)