Template File (rtfd) on the Navigator

I was asked if I can generate pre-defined “coupons *” in my application and I wanted to play around the idea minutes ago.

All I want to do is to drag the pre-defined file with data (styled text and logo), then add date and some other data in it, then print it.

The idea is to drop the template on the Navigator, and at print time add the specific data to it, then print it.

So, naively, I droped the rtfd file (who in fact is a folder) in the Navigator and I get a new folder (using the rtfd file as folder name and two (!) images and the TXT (rtf) file.

I think I have to build another template file whitout image and at print time add the company logo and the specific data.

Just to let you know about that to share the experience and, if you already followed that road, give you a chance to explain your own experience.

The client idea was to stop making xerox copies and write with a pen the name, date, etc. on the sheet of paper, but use the software where everything is already there to print that paper: “a click in a button is enough”.

Your experience feedback is welcome.

• coupon in the meaning a piece of paper that let you get free merchandise(s).