AVPlayerView

Has anyone got this to work, I can’t get it to work in Xojo; and I can’t get it to work in Xcode either. I just get a whole bunch of compiler errors (which I don’t understand) when following Apple’s tutorial.

I am trying to get a MoviePlayer which draws native macOS controls, I found that I could use HTML, but it fails to load movies that are accessed via SSB (I know my rule, but my trick of move and link doesn’t work reliably on High Sierra), even when I have a valid token and other parts of the application can access the file just fine.

I really don’t want to have to reinvent the wheel, and no disrespect to Xojo staff, I understand why the MoviePlayer in Xojo is the way it is (Probably they couldn’t get AVPlayerView to work either), but the video controls really do not look right.

Edit: NSClassFromString( “AVPlayerView” ) returns 0, nil, nudda, nothing.

OMG - I got it to work! I needed to load the AVKit.framework.

AVPlayerView didn’t exist back when I was working on Cocoa and Apple gave us the month or two to remove all uses of QuickTime/QTKit. When when it did exist it was 64-but only and unusable for the framework’s needs.

Thanks for the clarification Joe.

Should I add a feature request to switch over to using this for 64-Bit applications?

Also seems like ‘looping’ is a kludy hack.

If someone needs, I could make it a plugin control.