Xojo 2018R1.1 Rasp won't run.

I have a Rasp application that runs when compiled with xojo 2017, but won’t run under xojo 2018r1.1 Mac version. Anyone else having issues. The compiled app just won’t ever launch.

???

I is confused.

What does running the app from a terminal on the pi show?

There are new dependencies for RPi - do you have libunwind installed?

This blog post may help:

https://blog.xojo.com/2018/04/19/raspberry-pi-library-requirement-for-2018r1/

I have seeen something similar, remote debug from VirtualBox with Xojo 2018r1.1 on Mint 18.3 to my Pine A64. What i noticed is that the folders created by Xojo are dated “Today”(=30 May 2018) and the files in the folders got the date of tomorrow(= 31 May 2018.
I haven’t had enough time to test if changing the dates of the files to today made the files visible for the executable. Maybe you can test that.

Hi guys.
I’m having the same problem. It was partially corrected by thanks to Jasons post, but now all the app does is show “Launching” and never actually launches…

I also checked all of the date - they were all the same - todays.

Any other ideas?
Tim

I just came to the forum to post this problem and saw this thread. I can’t get a Raspberry Pi standalone web app to run if it is built in 2018r1 but it will run if it is built in 21017r3. I was about to download and try 2018r1.1 but it looks as though that won’t help.

I do have libunwind installed.

pi@RPi3:~ $ apt list --installed libunw*
 Listing... Done
 libunwind8/stable,now 1.1-4.1 armhf [installed,automatic]

What I’m finding is that the web app starts up ok but the moment I try to access it I just get the “Launching” message and the app’s cpu jumps up to 100% and stays there.

Am I doing something stupid or is this a very serious bug?

Peter

On either 2017r3, or any of the 2018 version, I cannot get it to run. This after changing my linux notebook from the previously recommended 32bit version of mint, to the new 64 bit version of mint.

The app will appear to run when looking at the pi box, but when trying to launch it in the web browser it just says launching…

Am about to try 2017r2 on the just updated 64 bit linux mint I just had to do… Bummer, since this same app cannot be compiled, with a target of pi, on my regular windows notebook.

Tim

[quote=389901:@Tim Seyfarth] Bummer, since this same app cannot be compiled, with a target of pi, on my regular windows notebook.

Tim[/quote]

I just created a new program for Raspberry Pi with my Microsoft Book 1 Windows 10 machine on Xojo 2018 R1.1 and it appears to be working fine.

Edit: the successful program was for the desktop with electronics, and did not target the web.

We’re having the same experience with our standalone web apps but haven’t had the time to debug them yet. The issue seems to be unique to 2018r1 and 2018r1.1.

Hello Eugene.
The problem with compiling is seemingly contained to this app. Its been uploaded to Xojo for about 2-3 years already. Using Windows10, I can compile for windows but not linux or pi/linux. To do those, I have to use a linux box.

The problem I have is the same as the others stated - it runs, but when you try to open it in a browser, it just says starting… This occurs ONLY on 2018 versions of Xojo. 2017Rx work fine - I made a mistake in a previous post.

Tim

I have the same problem on WEB app

https://forum.xojo.com/47951-web-app-doesn-t-start-after-updating-to-2018-r1-1/last

Thats the same as what I saw, only I did not check the cpu usage.
Tim

I have the same problem, 2017r3 is ok, 2018r1 cpu jumps up to 100%.

<https://xojo.com/issue/52375> has been Verified. Hopefully it will be addressed in a point release or Xojo will provide a workaround.

Looks like it’s unresolved yet. I just paid for 2018 version. So I guess I’ll just need my Rasp Apps to be compiled via 2017 versions.

Thanks all for confirmation. You’ve all been really helpful in NOT letting me spend hours tracking down a problem with no solution.

Eric

Perhaps it needs more feedback points.

For those that want this fixed as soon as possible, please consider adding <https://xojo.com/issue/52375> to your My Top Cases in Feedback.

[quote=392094:@Frederick Roller]Perhaps it needs more feedback points.

For those that want this fixed as soon as possible, please consider adding <https://xojo.com/issue/52375> to your My Top Cases in Feedback.[/quote]
No need to do that. It’s being actively looked at.

Thanks Greg.

Please guys, help me with feed back 52376 - Web-App doesn’t start after updating to 2018

By exclusion i think the problem is with cPanel CentOS 7.x

Thank you!

[quote=392225:@Alexandre Cunha]Please guys, help me with feed back 52376 - Web-App doesn’t start after updating to 2018

By exclusion i think the problem is with cPanel CentOS 7.x

Thank you![/quote]
Alexandre, your CentOS issue is unrelated to this problem on Raspberry Pi. Please keep comments related to your issue in its own thread to avoid confusion.

@Greg - are you guys getting close to a solution on this?
Tim