taskbar issue

Hi folks! I am using a toolbar in my app, so I have no need or desire for a menubar.
Problem: If I disable the menubar in my main window, running the app makes my windows 10 taskbar disappear and I have to restart explorer.exe in task manager to get it back. This problem doesn’t seem to affect any other windows in my app. Seems like a bug. I am using the latest version of Xojo.
Any suggestions?

Would it be a floating window ?

No. It’s window1 renamed to “main”.

Verify it is a document window. Modal and floating windows can indeed hide the taskbar.

It is a document window. Here’s something odd: I renamed the window back to “Window1” and the problem went away. Go figure.
Still seems like a bug to me.
Thanks for trying to help though…much appreciated.

Bit late to this one, so many posts to catch up on.

When you view the inspector properties of the window click the gear in the top right corner:

There’s an option there called MenuBarVisible, if you turn that off then it will remove the windows taskbar while your window is active.

To remove the menu bar of the window change the “Menu Bar” combobox at the bottom of the first inspector pane to None.

Julian - thank you for posting this! I am in process on development of a new version of a commercial application that is frequently used in multi-monitor mode. The primary window is displayed in fullscreen mode on one screen and there is a floating window that is displayed on one of the screens that is not displaying the primary (fullscreen) window.The problem was that the taskbar would disappear on all the screens - not just on the one with the fullscreen window. After reading your post, I determined the fullscreen window had the MenuBarVisible option turned off. I turned that option back on and problem solved. The taskbar is now visible on the screens where it should appear. FYI - this was tested on Windows 10.

[quote=388037:@]Bit late to this one, so many posts to catch up on.

When you view the inspector properties of the window click the gear in the top right corner:

There’s an option there called MenuBarVisible, if you turn that off then it will remove the windows taskbar while your window is active.

To remove the menu bar of the window change the “Menu Bar” combobox at the bottom of the first inspector pane to None.[/quote]
awesome! Thank you so much! …and better late to the party than not at all. :slight_smile: