taskbar issue

1. 2 weeks ago

Bill D

May 14 Pre-Release Testers Somewhere in the void
    Edited 2 weeks ago

Hi folks! I am using a toolbar in my app, so I have no need or desire for a menubar.
    Problem: If I disable the menubar in my main window, running the app makes my windows 10 taskbar disappear and I have to restart explorer.exe in task manager to get it back. This problem doesn't seem to affect any other windows in my app. Seems like a bug. I am using the latest version of Xojo.
    Any suggestions?

It is a document window. Here's something odd: I renamed the window back to "Window1" and the problem went away. Go figure.
    Still seems like a bug to me.
    Thanks for trying to help though...much appreciated.

2. Michel B

May 14 Pre-Release Testers RubberViews.com

Would it be a floating window ?

3. Bill D

May 14 Pre-Release Testers Somewhere in the void

No. It's window1 renamed to "main".

4. Michel B

May 14 Pre-Release Testers RubberViews.com

Verify it is a document window. Modal and floating windows can indeed hide the taskbar.

5. Bill D

May 14 Pre-Release Testers Answer Somewhere in the void
    Edited 2 weeks ago

It is a document window. Here's something odd: I renamed the window back to "Window1" and the problem went away. Go figure.
    Still seems like a bug to me.
    Thanks for trying to help though...much appreciated.

6. Julian S

May 16 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro UK

Bit late to this one, so many posts to catch up on.

When you view the inspector properties of the window click the gear in the top right corner:

-image-

There's an option there called MenuBarVisible, if you turn that off then it will remove the windows taskbar while your window is active.

To remove the menu bar of the window change the "Menu Bar" combobox at the bottom of the first inspector pane to None.

or Sign Up to reply!