Native gesture support in Xojo?

1. 11 months ago
    Edited 11 months ago

I have been perusing the old forum posts and it seems that there are only work arounds to getting gestures to work. I am not seeing anything in the official documentation.

It seems so 1984 that my app only responds to scrollbars via dragging a mouse instead of feeling more modern by being able to use gestures.

Isn't Xojo made in Xojo? And it has gestures.

@Greg OLone We haven’t done anything special in the IDE. Everything you see is due to system behavior.

So when I am using two-finger gestures to pan around working on a window in the IDE, that is system, behavior? Sure, I see it working automatically in a long listbox, but Christian pointed out his new way to pan around a canvas. How would this be done without plugins?

2. Christian S

12 May 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Germany

There is no built in gesture support for Xojo.

But you check your recently added CanvasGesturesMBS class for Mac.

For Windows, check WinPointerEventsMBS , WinGestureConfigMBS and WinGestureInfoMBS classes.

3. @ChristianSchmitz There is no built in gesture support for Xojo.

For Windows, check WinPointerEventsMBS , WinGestureConfigMBS and WinGestureInfoMBS classes.

These look interesting. How easy are these to implement?

4. Christian S

12 May 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Germany

Download plugin, try examples, see if it works for you...

5. Greg O

12 May 2018 Xojo Inc

@Matthew J Isn't Xojo made in Xojo? And it has gestures.

We haven’t done anything special in the IDE. Everything you see is due to system behavior.

6. @Greg OLone We haven’t done anything special in the IDE. Everything you see is due to system behavior.

So when I am using two-finger gestures to pan around working on a window in the IDE, that is system, behavior? Sure, I see it working automatically in a long listbox, but Christian pointed out his new way to pan around a canvas. How would this be done without plugins?

7. Tim P

12 May 2018 Pre-Release Testers Austin, TX

@Matthew J So when I am using two-finger gestures to pan around working on a window in the IDE, that is system, behavior?

Yes. It's responding to scroll wheel events.

8. 3 months ago

Markus W

Jan 8 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro #JeSuisHuman Germany, Heidelb...

@ChristianSchmitz There is no built in gesture support for Xojo.

What about Linux?

or Sign Up to reply!