Order of Controls with 2018r1

A project compiled with 2018r1 does not give the same result as with the previous version (tested on Windows 10)

Before:

2018r1:

Is there a solution ? thank you

If that would be a bug report hen it would head straightfor the bin.

If you can‘t be bothered to tell us what you did, then I can‘t be bothered of using my psychic powers …

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can only assume this will be related to the ‘different transparency model’ that is now employed in 2018r1. Check each of the labels and check their transparency, and as you say the ordering may have also changed to ensure that they are ‘on top’ of the canvasses and so forth, and also ‘inside’ the container controls. Thats my best guess with what you have provided.

Just a quick guess:

Bottom left you have a canvas (or other control) sitting in front of other controls to implement a drop shadow, send that to the back.

The buttons across the middle arent parented to the blue strip so they arent picking up their background color from the blue strip.

As for the icons at the top, its a guess as to how they’re implemented, do you have a control in front of them that is rendering the light grey bar?

I have the same issue. My Windows build which has been fine for a long time is now a complete mess when compiled on 2018r1. I have been trying to figure it out for days with no luck. I’m considering reverting to an earlier Xojo release to compile for Windows. I’ll let you know if I find a solution.

Thanks you for each of these answers.
I tried to pass controls in front or behind, check invisible, delete parent, without much success …

So I tested with the 2017r3 version, here is the result (the first image “before” was obtained by compilation with 2016r3)

And of course in any case, on Mac everything is correctly displayed!
The same source exactly is used in the three images …

Same for me : impossible to display anything upon a canvas on Windows.
Back to 2017r3.

And now, always stronger with 2018r2: we do not see anything, no risk of error!

Please Xojo, I absolutely must redo everything not to stay in 2016r3?

NB all the EraseBackground of Canvas are Off, cf FeedBack 45770)

(On Mac, everything works properly)

Marc

In a word, Yes.

The simple answer is that Xojo tried to emulate things in Windows so things would look similar when moving from the Mac, like transparency. To do that, they would draw controls in a reversed order which was not the norm for windows. While this looked ok in most situations it wasn’t right and it was causing fundamental issues (flickering and pop through) that couldn’t be resolved without the rework that has taken place.

Xojo could have either stayed with the way things were and have to answer the continuous questions about flickering for the next 10 years or fix the fundamental underlying issue and deal with the short term ramifications of that which is what you are seeing. Once you take the time to adjust your design/layout/way of thinking to correct the issues you’re seeing you will never have issues like this again.

Just taking the bottom left rectangle as an example. Why do you have a “transparent” control in front of other controls? Is that just to implement the drop shadows? Can’t you send that to the back?

Unfortunately a fix this big will require work to projects that have been around a number of years.