WebDialog.Show causes web page contents to disappear

I have been showing a login dialog on the default web page which was working perfectly. I have now had to change the default web page to a new page and so copied everything for the login dialog to the new web page.

The problem… unlike the first web page when the login dialog is shown the page’s contents disappear and the background color turns grey. The original page remains unchanged so I can switch the default page back and forth and in the original default page the web page contents remain visible but dimmed.

In the following code I am displaying the dialog with a property (mv_dialog as mw_RequestUserPW)…

mw_Dialog = New mw_RequestUserPW mw_Dialog.ReqID = "UserGet" mw_Dialog.cbOption.Visible = true mw_Dialog.cbOption.Caption = "Remember my user name on this computer" mw_Dialog.txtFld_UserName.text= Session.UserName AddHandler mw_Dialog.Close, AddressOf SiteDocumentLibrary.RequestUserPWDialogDismissed mw_Dialog.Show

I cannot see anything that is different between the 2 implementations of the dialog. I copied the method that is invoking the dialog as well as the property to the new web page exactly where they are in the original page. The only change I had to make was to the address of the handler which remains back in the original page, but I tested with the handler in the new page and got the same results.

Eveerything works. It’s just the loss of the page contents while the dialog is displayed that has got me stumped.

Thanks.

Change the dialog type to Palette.

@Michel Bujardet Change the dialog type to Palette.

Of course. Thanks again Michel!

Curios, however, how the sheet window behaves differently in the 2 web pages.

The normal behavior of a modal sheet window is to display a grey background.

Uh… it’s supposed to be translucent. Is it not?

Poor choice of words on my part, sorry. It is dark and transparent indeed.

@Greg O’Lone Uh… It’s supposed to be translucent. Is it not?

No, it is not.

In the first web page, it is translucent and you can see the contents of the very complex web page.

The second web page where I copied everything to display the same dialog is very simple with 1 container on top of a canvas. When the dialog is displayed all the ocntents disappear and I don’t perceive it as being translucent.