Formatted Text Control - Microsoft Word Export is now available!

Today I released version 1.0 of the Microsoft Word export class for the Formatted Text Control of the BKeeney Software.

The class is a subclass of FTIteratorBase. This is available in all versions of FTC greater than or equal to version 3.0. Users of older FTC versions should use the demo class with version 2.4.1 (which is still available on the BKeeney Software homepage) to see if their FTIteratorBase is already compatible with the class. I developed the class for FTC versions >= 3.

You need a valid license for the MBS-Compression or Chilkat-Plugin to successfully compress the Word document!
It is also possible to write your own export method if you use TTsZipPackage, Einhugur plugins etc.

The class creates valid Microsoft Word documents (.docx) and was tested under macOS, Windows and Linux and exports all important formatting properties of the FTC:

Document Properties

Local and Global Character Styles

Local and Global Paragraph Styles

And

Further information can be found in this overview.

The demo class can be found here. This demo runs only in debug mode and only with MBS Plugin. Simply drag and drop the WordIterator class into the Xojo Navigator and make sure that you have also imported the FTC classes so that the FTIteratorBase class is found. You will also find the call to save the FTC as a Microsoft Word document in the overview.

If you need an export class in OpenDocument Text Format (.odt), please vote here, so that I can get an overview of the requirements and decide whether this will also be realized.

[h]How to purchase?[/h]

Just write me a private message in the Xojo Forum (https://forum.xojo.com/member/227571) with your valid email address. I will send you an invoice about 35 € and after the purchase via PayPal you will receive the unencrypted source code.

Demo project
Documentation

Congratulations!

Cross-platform or Windows only?

“The class creates valid Microsoft Word documents (.docx) and was tested under macOS, Windows and Linux and exports all important formatting properties of the FTC:”

Yes, the class has been successfully tested under macOS, Windows and Linux!