Constructor parameter inheritance

Hello

I have a simple question: Let’s say I have a lot of classes in an inheritance chain, is there a good way to inherit the constructor parameters without copy pasting them?

E.g: The new paramters per class are bold.
I have a guiObject, which has these constructor parameters: Name As String, Width As Integer, Height As Integer
I have a guiRectControl, a subclass of guiObject which has these constructor parameters: Name As String, X As Integer, Y As Integer, Width As Integer, Height As Integer, Layer As Integer
I have a guiButton, a subclass of guiRectControl which has these constructor parameters: Name As String, X As Integer, Y As Integer, Width As Integer, Height As Integer, Layer As Integer, Caption As String

Now, when I create the constructor of guiButton, I have to copy the parameters from guiRectControl and pass them to the Super.Constructor(). And if I want to change “X” & “Y” to “Left” & “Top”, I have to change that in the 2 constructor parameters. This seems like double work, because in many cases, the constructor of a child class will be the same as the constructor of the superclass + some extra.

Is there a way to tell Xojo to just use the params of the superclass + add these 2 extra.
Couldn’t find it in the docs.

Thanks

You could copy the method itself and paste it into the subclass. Or copy/paste the parameters.