iOSDesignExtensions - 100+ UI functions now released!

iOSDesignExtensions an open-source set of extensions for Xojo iOS is now released.

Download: https://github.com/jkleroy/iOSDesignExtensions

This set of extensions has more than 100 functions to improve the design of most iOSControls.
The large range of features goes from setting a background color of an iOSView to changing the selection color of an iOSTableCell.

This looks awesome, looking forward to checking it out, thanks for sharing!

Did you get a chance to try it @Gavin Smith ?

@Jeremie Leroy I did! It’s a really nice package of things that should have been built in from the start and you’ve brought it all together very well.

I’ve sent you an email with something today. Thanks again.

[quote=385187:@Jeremie Leroy]iOSDesignExtensions an open-source set of extensions for Xojo iOS is now released.

Download: https://github.com/jkleroy/iOSDesignExtensions

This set of extensions has more than 100 functions to improve the design of most iOSControls.
The large range of features goes from setting a background color of an iOSView to changing the selection color of an iOSTableCell.[/quote]

Well Jeremie, I must say, quite impressive, finally we start to have something on IOS as well .

I did some tests, except Modal View Curl which is crashing the rest are ok.

Thanks again.

Thank you for your feedback.
I removed Modal view curl.

Version 1.3 is now released.

[quote]Differences from version 1.1:

• Added scrolling functions to iOSTextAreagith
  • Added an app icon
  • Fixed GetBoundsXC function
  • Renamed ScrollViewExtensionsXCXC to ScrollViewExtensionsXC
  • Removed Modal Curl transition
  • AdjustFontSizeToFitWidthXC now has an optional lines property to set the amount of lines to display
  • SetTabPageXC to set the current page in a TabBar view
  • GetTabPageXC to get the current page index in a TabBar view
  • SetNavBarTitleColorXC to set the color of the text in the navbar
  • GetiOSVersionXC returns the current iOS version number
  • Table.GetScrollPositionXC returns the current section/row position[/quote]

Jeremie, thanks for sharing this. Excellent work!

Why Xojo doesn’t make the features from this extension as a build-in feature in the IDE?

Seems that It is a company policy to let the customers do their work.

Is there no way for the community to put enough pressure on to get some of these things done? At a minimum, all the functionality currently in iOSDesignExtensions and iOSKit should be built into Xojo IDE!

One of life’s little mysteries (since 2014).

They have made a few additions over the years - iOSTable is particularly nice now - but it continues to baffle many of us why extremely basic functionality (tweaking background colors of controls etc) wasn’t included from day 1. And don’t expect it to arrive any time soon, I expect they’re all about Android now and that is built on Interops, which iOS won’t have at first, so this is it for now.

You can build a whole project for free, which is pretty great, it’s only the final build for distribution that you require a license for. So, try it and if it’s got enough for you, buy it. If not, don’t pay for it. That’s about all we can do. I don’t think the Feedback cases for iOS are making any difference whatsoever.

What the hell will be the effort to create an Android version of our iOS-apps with all that Declares we use?

Android is built on Interops, it should be easier than declares.
The Xojo engineers showed an example of Interops at XDC and it looks much more intuitive than declares.

If necessary, I will certainly update iOSDesignExtensions to include all Android equivalent features, but keep in mind that an app design on Android is usually different than on iOS.
Hybrid apps that have the exact same design on Android and iOS usually look odd in best cases, and ugly in worst cases.

iOSDesignExtensions v1.4.0 is now released

This update includes three new functions for iOSHTMLViewer:

• Load Page: loads HTML Text instead of an URL
  • Execute Javascript
  • User Agent

These functions are compatible with both UIWebView (Xojo version < 2018r2) and WKWebView (Xojo version >= 2018r2)

1 Like

Is there a way to change the text color of the date picker? In Dark Mode its default text color is white which is unfortunate if you have it on light background.

Why would it be on a light back ground in dark mode ?

1 Like

Why wouldn’t it?

Because it’s dark mode

1 Like

If you are using iOSDesignExtensions, this should work:

declare sub setValue_ lib "Foundation" selector "setValue:forKey:" (obj_id as ptr, value as ptr, key as CFStringRef)
setValue_(DatePicker1.Handle, UIColor.Red, "textColor") //Change UIColor.Red to any other value of UIColor

Place that code in the Control’s open event (for iOS 12-)
And place that code in the View’s AppearanceChanged event (for iOS 13+)

Because its dark mode ?