Team viewer free alternative ?

1. 6 months ago

Can anyone recommend a free remote desktop solution for pc?

Chrome remote desktop discarded as it times out every ten minutes and needs the other user to be in front of his pc.

Windows remote desktop discarded as the other end is behind a router and can not forward incoming data to its private ip.

Ideas ?

@Roman V Hola Bernardo!

I might eventually try it, once you get it working. The thing is I need a solution right now. :-(

@Paul B : Looks like I'll have to buy TV. Remote utilities looks ok, but I need to give support to more than 10 clients.

You can, the limit is only on the built in address book, if you don't use that and only use install on demand there is no limit as far as I recall. I bought a technician licence which is unlimited and no annual fees and unlimited clients.

2. Paul B

Apr 26 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (UK, Somerset)

Remote Utilities is free for 10 clients they also have an install on demand. I have been using it for many years. www.remote-utilities.com

3. Bernardo M

is not verified Apr 26 Pre-Release Testers

@Roman V Ideas ?

I'm working on some like that, with these features:

• A component to add to xojo desktop project. A desktop App to connect/control the known peers.
    • End-to-end encryption (inspired on signal ).
    • Use a reliable-udp for peer-to-peer connection, to save server bandwidth.
    • Chat and file sharing with sound and video in the future.
    • A stand-alone client also.

I'm thinking on a commercial product, but you can help me testing (in a one or two months)

4. Hola Bernardo!

I might eventually try it, once you get it working. The thing is I need a solution right now. :-(

@Paul B : Looks like I'll have to buy TV. Remote utilities looks ok, but I need to give support to more than 10 clients.

5. Paul B

Apr 26 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Answer Europe (UK, Somerset)

@Roman V Hola Bernardo!

You can, the limit is only on the built in address book, if you don't use that and only use install on demand there is no limit as far as I recall. I bought a technician licence which is unlimited and no annual fees and unlimited clients.

6. Edited 6 months ago

@Paul B I've been trying Remote utilities for some minutes and looks ok.

Not sure what you mean by 'only use install on demand' ?

7. I think I got it. Looks promising. I will seriously give it a try. Thanks Paul.

8. Jean-Yves P

Apr 26 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (France, Besançon)

windows only :(

9. Marius D

Apr 26 Pre-Release Testers Herford, Germany

anydesk.com

10. nicolás c

Apr 27 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro argentina

@BernardoMonsalve me ofrezco para probar tu aplicacion cuando sea necesario. un saludo

11. Paul B

Apr 27 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (UK, Somerset)

@Roman V @Paul B I've been trying Remote utilities for some minutes and looks ok.

Not sure what you mean by 'only use install on demand' ?

The host downloads an executable which they run. They provide you with the on screen address, a number the executable generates. You type the number into the viewer your end and connect. Next time they run it, different number etc. Nothing gets installed their end, just run as needed.

12. Bernardo M

is not verified Apr 27 Pre-Release Testers

@nicoláscanessa @BernardoMonsalve me ofrezco para probar tu aplicacion cuando sea necesario. un saludo

Gracias Nicolás, ya casi tengo todo en mi red, me falta colocar algunos servidores públicos, algunas pruebas y le envío un alfa.

13. Mathias M

is not verified Apr 27 Pre-Release Testers Bruges, Belgium

The only good way is toch use a VPN tunnel + RDP. All other solutions are 'meh'.

or Sign Up to reply!