Running Web App in WHM or Hosting Server

Hi,

If I want to upload my compiled into WHM linux server (centos 7.4), what steps that I have to do ? What I have done is,

[code]- change this shebang #!“c:\xampp\perl\bin\perl.exe” into #!/usr/bin/perl

• Copy all the file of project into cgi-bin folder
  • set group into admin (not root)
    -chmod the folder into 755[/code]

I do the test for the same project on XAMPP, its works fine.

but on whm, I still got an error permission denied.

any help ?

thanks
regards,
arief

make the folder chown admin:admin or what your webservers user is.
only the perl-script and the binary are needed to be 755 not the folder.

Hello Arief,

Whenever I have installed a Xojo Web App on shared or dedicated Linux hosts I have had to specifically request the provider to open the specific port used by my Xojo Web App. I have also found it useful to use port numbers that are unlikely to clash with any other app. “Permission Denied” is usually a symptom of the port used by your app being closed to requests.

You can view/set your apps port # under Shared / Build Settings / Port.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards, Andrew

I have do the folder chown still no luck.

just a question, what is the port that xojo web app use, do I have to define manually?
when i check the sample project, its has options too.

thanks
arief

I don’t understand what are you doing, (that shebang editing). Are you building for Windows and deploying in Linux?

Binaries are not compatible, you must build for Linux to deploy in Linux (even Web Applications)

Arief, in the IDE, left most panel under Build setting, click Shared. Then in the inspector (right of screen) there is a Port setting.

I normally lodge a support request with my hosting provider to open a range of ports (say 5-10 ports in an usual range for example 24110-24120), so I can use one with each Xojo App I create. Under the Port popup menu (drop list) there is an option to “Edit This Menu” - where I then add my open ports.

You might also consider Xojo Cloud as a one-click deployment option from within the IDE.

Kind regards, Andrew

[quote=384801:@JosMaraTerryJimnez]I don’t understand what are you doing, (that shebang editing). Are you building for Windows and deploying in Linux?

Binaries are not compatible, you must build for Linux to deploy in Linux (even Web Applications)[/quote]

ahh… my bad… I didn’t realize that.

Thanks
regards,
Arief