HTMLViewer Chromium/WebKit and proxy?

Hi,

someone has an idea how to teach HTMLViewer on Windows with WebKit (Chromium Embedded Framework) to use a proxy?

As far as I see you need a Proxy Handler object, which returns the proxy details:

[quote]///
// Implement this interface to handle proxy resolution events.
///
/–cef(source=client)–/
class CefProxyHandler : public virtual CefBase {
public:
///
// Called to retrieve proxy information for the specified |url|.
///
/–cef()–/
virtual void GetProxyForUrl(const CefString& url,
CefProxyInfo& proxy_info) {}
};[/quote]

And this is used in CefApp object, which I don’t have access to in the plugin.
So Xojo Inc, please consider <https://xojo.com/issue/48574> from last year to give me the handles…

and new <https://xojo.com/issue/52009> for asking for proxy support

we need the proxy to be used within the webkit system!

have you found a workaround for this?
Is it possible or the HTMLViewer to work with a proxy?

HTMLViewer on Windows with native renderer will use system proxy.
For Chromium, we can’t do it as far as I see.

This is a shame. Do you know if it uses the system proxy on Mac?
To extend this question, my solution uses both the HTMLViewer and some HTTPSockets. Can I auto-detect the system proxy to use with the HTTPSockets?

HTMLViewer on Mac probably uses proxy automatically if configured on the system.
Same for xojo.net.HTTPSocket class.

For other cases like our CURL Plugin, please check CFProxyMBS, WinHTTPClientMBS and WindowsProxyMBS classes.

it seems there are also problems with reverse proxy web apps. My Xojo Web App works great in an HTMLviewer on Mac, but not at all in an HTMLviewer on Windows (Chromium).

If I locally host my Xojo Web App (and without reverse proxy), rather than it being hosted as reverse proxy on a server, it works well in the Windows HTMLviewer (Chromium).

I will continue testing, but I add my points to this feedback.

The problem is confirmed with the HTMLviewer on Windows (Chromium) : my reverse proxy web apps cannot be displayed in this HTMLviewer, while they display correctly in the HTMLviewer on Mac.

I also tried other development tools on Windows (B4J…): their HTMLviewer display web apps correctly in reverse proxy.

[quote=385092:@Christian Schmitz]HTMLViewer on Mac probably uses proxy automatically if configured on the system.
Same for xojo.net.HTTPSocket class.

For other cases like our CURL Plugin, please check CFProxyMBS, WinHTTPClientMBS and WindowsProxyMBS classes.[/quote]

Can someone from Xojo comment on this?
I’m really confused. I’ve implemented the HTTPSocket, and it has Proxy Settings, but Christian is suggesting that the HTTPSocket on Mac likely uses the system settings. I don’t have a proxy server to test against, but this has been trivial in the past.

Am I missing something?

Xojo has two HTTPSockets!

Old needs manual proxy stuff, but newer HTTPSocket uses system settings.

Oh… so if I simply use the native renderer on Windows, and convert my sockets to Xojo.net.httpSocket, all should be good… Wow.

Hmm unfortunately it’s not close enough to 1:1 and I’d have to reimplement a fair bit. The synchronous methods seem to be gone.
I’ll delay and implement that way later if it becomes necessary.