Superclass has already implemented the event

I had a problem with my Mac hard drive… had to start over, reformat and reinstall OS and then reinstall Xojo and plugins.

Now when I recompile I am getting a bunch of errors naming events saying “the superclass has already implemented the event”.

I think I dealt with this 3 or 4 years ago but I can’t remember what the issue is.
I think the ones being flagged I am trying to override in the instance with different code.

(the exact same project compiled fine in same version of mojo before this Mac rebuild)

As always thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

It’s usually missing plugins.

If that’s the case doesn’t it usually boing that as you open the project?

Is there somewhere in the project or project file with a list of plugins or any missing components since the hard drive is new and the data was not restored to the hard drive correctly. They just dumped it all in a folder on the desktop.

controls yes, classes no.

[quote=383239:@Tim Turner]
Is there somewhere in the project or project file with a list of plugins or any missing components[/quote]
No, plugin requirements are not stored per project.

That said, if you have a built version of your app, you can probably figure it out by looking at the contents of the Libs folder.

This error message also shows up when Xojo suddenly decides not to find an external class anymore.

The trick is NOT to save the project. Then locate the missing class, add it to your project and then open the window again. If you are lucky the window isn’t screwed up.

Unfortunately I have no back up of “Applications” from before the rebuild and so far can’t figure out what is missing.
The super class it mentions is from the StyleGrid plugin and the plugin is indeed in the Plugins folder before starting the IDE.
So currently at a loss as to what those errors are popping up.

I also did a Build just to see if perhaps that would clear it up and it didn’t. I get the same errors on build.

Its not missing plugins. I copied the plugins from my Windows machine over to the Mac
so am using the exact same set now… so none missing.

Is it possible a plugin doesn’t work on Sierra or something?

If I go to the StyleGrid on a form it shows a question mark but the attributes for it on the right seem correct.

It shows Super as StyleGrid but if I click on that a popup of all the classes shows up and StyleGrid is not on the list.

So maybe the plugin is not loading for some reason? if so how do I tell.

Hi Tim,

Did you tried to download and put in the Plug-ins folder a fresh (and maybe updated) copy of the plugin? I don’t know if this will solve your problem, but it may worth the try…

Javier

[quote=383646:@Tim Turner]Its not missing plugins. I copied the plugins from my Windows machine over to the Mac
so am using the exact same set now… so none missing.

Is it possible a plugin doesn’t work on Sierra or something?[/quote]
I take it that opening this project on your Windows machine works just fine then?

Are there any External items or shared drives that your Mac no longer has access to?

I think StyleGrid can not be supported on current versions of macOS and Xojo, it requires Carbon
https://einhugur.com/Html/StyleGridInfo.html

Yes it does require Carbon. I knew it didn’t work with newer versions of Xojo but didn’t realize an OS upgrade would cause problems. What is the last version of MacOS X? I guess I need to roll back my Mac.

Either ask Björn about the macOS version or try in a VM first before you roll back.

Björn explains the reason for not functioning on his blog.
Why are the Grid controls (StyleGrid and DataGrid) only for Real Studio and not the modern Xojo ?