ContainerControl on a PagePanel without Transparency results in a black ContainerControl

1. 8 months ago

Sascha S

15 Apr 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Germany
    Edited 8 months ago

-image-

1. Create a new Desktop Project
    2. Place a PagePanel on the Window
    3. Place a ContainerControl in the PagePanel
    4. Set Transparent to False for the ContainerControl and the ContainerControl in the PagePanel

Is this an expected behavior or an issue? I've created a Feedback Case with a simple example Project.
    Feedback Case #51895

We are forced to use Transparent = True for ContainerControls, which may lead to a degraded performance on Windows Systems.

BTW: If you take a Screenshot (Shift+CMD+4, move the Mouse over the Window, Press Space Key and the Mouse Key) on a Mac, the PNG shows a Transparent square where the black square is to see in the App. ;)

Edit: Added Feedback Link

2. Alberto D

15 Apr 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

Hi Sascha, the black box is shown on macOS only or also Windows? (Can't test windows for now until tomorrow)

I did a test, and in #4 even if you set Transparent ON for the ContainerControl you get the black box on macOS. Only setting transparency for the ContainerControl in the PagePanel. A past version of Xojo show a white box instead of black, and I'm sure I didn't change the BackColor for the ContainerControl.

Another workaround is to set the HasBackColor to True and use the color that you need.

3. Julian S

15 Apr 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro UK

@Alberto De Poo also Windows? (Can't test windows for now until tomorrow)

Just FYI, this looks fine in windows.

4. Alberto D

Edited 8 months ago

Thank you Julian.

I don't have much experience with Xojo. I don't understand why the Background section for ContainerControl1 list:

• Custom Color
    • Background Color
    • Backdrop

but when the container is inside the PagePanel the Background section for ContainerControl11 list:

• HasBackColor
    • BackColor
    • Backdrop

I don't see any changes to the ContainerControl1 if I change something there (that's why I said in #4 you can have the selection as OFF or ON without changes), so when that options matter?

Edit: sorry this is off-topic I think it is better to post it in other thread

5. Michel B

15 Apr 2018 Pre-Release Testers RubberViews.com
    Edited 8 months ago

@SaschaSchneppmueller Is this an expected behavior or an issue? I've created a Feedback Case with a simple example Project.

I confirm on Mac 2017R2.1 under High Sierra ; it must be an old undiscovered bug.

You will have to use if TargetWindows in it's Open event to set it opaque.

6. Alberto D

Edited 8 months ago

Michel, it shows black or white with 2017R2.1?

For me it shows black with the latest version I have but white with 2017R2.1.

Edit: thank you for the idea. I added an open event handler with:

#If TargetMacOS Then
      Me.Transparent = True
    #EndIf
  7. Sascha S

@Julian S Just FYI, this looks fine in windows.

Windows only: Be careful, because I have a big project with many page panels and much more containers in which controls are visible when they shouldn't. But only if all transparent settings are set to False. I can't reproduce this in a simple project.

8. Michel B

@Alberto D;Poo Michel, it shows black or white with 2017R2.1?

For me it shows black with the latest version I have but white with 2017R2.1

Strange. I just ran the project attached to the feedback case, and I see exactly the same as the picture above. Black rectangle.

9. Sascha S

@Michel B Strange. I just ran the project attached to the feedback case, and I see exactly the same as the picture above. Black rectangle.

Same here. That‘s the rason why i‘ve not marked it as BetaBug.

10. Michel B

It happens in 2016R3 with a 32 bit run as well.

or Sign Up to reply!