Forum Etiquette and Notices
This is a global forum with people of all ages and backgrounds. In an effort to make the Xojo Forums an enjoyable experience for everyone, this is a list of rules that you need to follow on this forum.
TL;DR - If you can’t play nice, you can’t play here.
1. Do not use abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
2. Do not initiate or engage in flame wars.
3. Do not continually hi-jack conversations to bring the discussion off-topic.
4. Be civil when posting conversations or comments. For example, constructive criticism is good, but name-calling is bad.
5. Keep posts on topic. There's an entire channel for off-topic conversations which you can use.
6. Try to keep conversations in their proper channel. If you have a database question, then ask in the Databases channel. By doing this, you'll be more likely to have your question answered by an expert in that area.
7. Use the filter feature to your advantage. Instead of posting a duplicate conversation, searching the boards for previous conversations may answer your question quickly.
8. The purpose of this forum is to help people be productive with Xojo. Threads (or users) whose recent posts are primarily about other languages or environments may be locked/moderated.
9. Do not advertise or promote other companies or their products which may compete with those of Xojo, Inc.
10. The Off-Topic channel follows the same rules as any other, except the topics might not be related to Xojo. It is not a place for any discussion that violates any of the other items here.
11. The use of signature block is not allowed in this forum. You can enter such information in the About section of your profile.
12. The Verification status indicates that Xojo, Inc. has verified your identity via a credit card purchase. If you have questions about this status please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. We don't want to give traffic to our competitors. Direct links to competitive products may be removed at Xojo's discretion.
14. If you are selling an old Xojo or third party license, please check with Customer Service at email@example.com for guidelines. Xojo licenses may not be advertised for sale on our forum.
15. Conversations can be locked at the discretion of the moderators and administrators in the forum. Breaches of forum etiquette can result in your conversation being locked or deleted.
16. Conversations and comments can be deleted at the discretion of the moderators and administrators in the forum. Any conversation or comment which is deemed highly offensive (such as sexual harassment, explicit language, or flame wars) will be removed immediately from the forum.
18. Do not SPAM or mass-advertise to forum members via private messages or other means.
How To Share Announcements On The Xojo Forum
Informal announcements for feedback or information gathering are acceptable, but formal product/service announcements and press releases need to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with [ANN] in the subject line. Please include your contact information and company URL with your announcement so that if people have questions they can contact you directly. If your announcement is approved, it will be posted to the forum. It may also be posted to the Xojo News mailing list, social media and/or Xojo newsletter. If you have any questions about how to format your announcement please contact email@example.com.
This list is not meant to be all-inclusive and is only a set of general guidelines. Violation of these guidelines may result in suspension from this forum.
See this post for formatting tips.