Getting data off iPad

Hello.

Working very casually on a little iPad app for a local museum. Some data will be collected on the iPad. Need to get it off iPad onto a Windows box. They’ll be on the same network.

What’s a good, simple, reliable way to handle this? (Perhaps only two out of three.)

-Bob

dropbox ?

share to email

send it directly using Bluetooth or Wifi?
If it doesn’t have to be done “remotely”… implement “File Share” and transfer using iTunes
or at worst… email

I have a question about this - if they are on the same network, can’t they access the same database? Can the iPad app save to some table that the windows machine can read/download?

I’m contemplating something similar for the future and thought that might be the way to do it.

[quote=381188:@Dave Kondris]I have a question about this - if they are on the same network, can’t they access the same database? Can the iPad app save to some table that the windows machine can read/download?

I’m contemplating something similar for the future and thought that might be the way to do it.[/quote]

Yes, and that would be done via Bluetooth or Wifi

Use a networked database or use TCP sockets and implement your own system for transferring your apps
Data.

Currently they are using paper, data gets entered into Excel (manually), and then data gets entered into some existing system they have (manually).

I’m going to try TCP sockets and/or EasyTCP to see if I can move a line of text from point A to point B. My experience has been that once the basic connection is working, the rest is usually reasonably straight forward.

Will report back.

[quote=381208:@Sam Rowlands]Use a networked database or use TCP sockets and implement your own system for transferring your apps
Data.[/quote]

Networked database would be incredibly nice as you don’t have to worry about the transmittal and the db would work nicely as queue / log.