Labels randomly appear and float on screen when xojo & app start and end

Stange little labels randomly appear on screen when xojo v2017r3 and xojo apps start and end

Is this a know issue?

Does this problem occur in previous builds?

TIA

Never had that. Never even heard of it. Screenshot?

Btw you should always write what system you are working on. Some problems are platform specific.

Sure OS X is the platform
The anomaly happens quickly but I’ll see If I can grab a screenshot… I’m licensed on Yosemite but Just tested on Mavericks same issue and can and will test on Seirra and High Sierra later if needed

I have seen this too. It seems to be an artifact of some sort and, as far as I know, doesn’t hurt anything. In the list of bugs and needs/wants it’s WAAY down the list.

Thanks Bob
For a moment I thought this was unique to my systems
I have just found, installed & tried xoxo 2017r1 on my yosemite partition
and can report that this seems to only affect version 2017r3
version 2017r1 may have other issues, but these “random artifacts” are not present.

I’ve set that with 2017r3 on my Mac running 10.9
From what I can remember it also occurs with apps built with 2017r3 and isn’t limited to the IDE.

@Kevin Gale

Yes as I stated it does affect apps built with 2017r3

I got a reply from support they (Jason) informed me that they are not going to fix issues with older versions of OS X
which from a programming stand point makes no since detecting OS versions and adding fixes is very simple.

My hope is that they will change their minds about that.

[quote=378719:@Donald Crockett]@Kevin Gale

Yes as I stated it does affect apps built with 2017r3

I got a reply from support they (Jason) informed me that they are not going to fix issues with older versions of OS X
which from a programming stand point makes no since detecting OS versions and adding fixes is very simple.

My hope is that they will change their minds about that.[/quote]

Good luck. I think 10.9 is dead as far as Xojo are concerned.

Donald, your Yosemite is 10.10.5? That’s the minimum version 2017r3 supports: http://developer.xojo.com/system-requirements
10.9.5 is deprecated. If you have problems with 2017r3 and 10.10.5 you could file a Feedback case.

I know is not ideal, but you can use 2017r2.1 or older versions if you need to support older macOS versions.