Why Jeremies WEB-Kit support is totally missing?

Hello,I start trying to use Jeremie’s Leroy Web-UI.
Just few months ago, I was trying to use its calendar. I could not drag and drop event operaions as he did describe in the calendar features.
Also, there is a little bug in how the months’s greek names are viewed (the last letter “s” is translated to “?” instead of “?” which it destroys all the aesthetic of the user experience.
Now, I would like to ask how to change/use the icons in web UI controls (ed drawer) but I can’t find any way to find any information about which icons contains the material icons library used by Leroy. I searched on internet, i found info about material-design icons but still i am not able to use any of them apart of the icons that exists in Leroy’s demo web-ui example code (eg I did replace the name of the icons with some founds on internet but they are not recognised and shown in the control).

I have send more than 5-6 emails during the last 5 months but no answer (he replied once saying that it replied my issues shortly, but then he vanished again). It is the first time i confont such a problem. In the past I used to make use a lot of thirty-part controls and always I enjoy their support in 1-2 days. In totally contrast with Anthony Cypher (GraffitiSuite) and Christian Schmitz (MBS) which they did support me immediately and effectively

Now with Jeremie Leroy’s controls I can’t make use of them and it is as I bought a useless product despite the fact that they are beautiful and very useful. I think that most users using Xojo, they use it for doing interesting things and noyt just for their hobbies, so is not very professional to ignore any customer’s request for support.

However, I hope that guy to be well in health. If anybody else from here, can help me by answerings on behalf of Leroy I would be glad!
mike

Unfortunately you are not the only one.
https://forum.xojo.com/46091-jeremie-leroy-support
https://forum.xojo.com/36948-customui-by-jeremie-leroy
:frowning:

I have met Jeremie a couple of times at the MBS Xojo XDC.
He is a very nice guy and is very social.
It confuses me every time when I read threads about him not responding to support questions.

I cannot believe people are still buying Jeremie Leroy his software after so many warnings about his lack of support.

Something else I cannot understand is that he is a speaker on the Xojo XDC. Xojo inc. must be in desperate need for speakers.

I nice guy does not let his users down when they have a problem with software created by him.

If you used PayPal for the transaction you can try to get a refund. I should sent a copy of those threads with your complaint about Leroy.

Be smart and look for another solution. In my opinion, Jeremie Leroy is not trustworthy otherwise threads like this would not show up.

Also, the web budle Ibought the WebCustomUiConverter is missing!
If it happens to hear me any of his colleagues that happens to be here, please tell himabout thislittle story.
I am going to contact with Omegabundle Mini for Xojo Web 2017. I dont know though, ifI bought the source code maybe the support is better!

At XDC we can all talk with him.

Contact Xojo directly at hello@xojo.com as they sell this product through their own website, hopefully they can contact Jeremie on your behalf and expedite the issue. Even if you didn’t buy it through the Xojo site its a direct reflection on them because they are still promoting and selling it even with historic reports of bad/no customer support.

Maybe time to look into a more serious supplier, such as https://graffitisuite.com/

Anthony is exemplary in matters of support.

The question is, why can Jeremie leroy be a speaker on the Xojo inc. XDC after such shameful behaviour?

By selling his products through Xojo, his misbehaviour reflects on Xojo inc. too.

Like Michel pointed out clearly, buy from a more serious developer.

Let this be a serious warning!

how about this ?
https://www.pidog.com/

I purchased Jeremies web calendar control, there were several issues which I reported. He told me if he could not fix it by the end of the week he would refund my money. After two weeks I heard nothing, sent several emails with no response. Had to dispute it with my credit card company. Will never purchase anything from that crook.

I later purchased from Anthony and got his calendar working. He has great support.

[quote=378221:@antonio cocco]how about this ?
https://www.pidog.com/[/quote]

No web controls there AFAIK.

I will suggest graffiti suite too. I dont know about taylors design controls. Has anybody any opinion about it ? just to be aware about the xojo market… i always prefer to buy products from individusl developers than big companies, as i enjoy a better and immediate cooperation in supporting their products. The downside is the case like that with Jeremie Leroys little story… maybe there is a need for a xojo alliance like those in insurance companies which will take care to support bunkruped insurance company’s customers. :slight_smile:

However leroy’s site is a very elegant ones, that guy should be something very special…

[quote=378248:@Michael Batakis]I will suggest graffiti suite too. I dont know about taylors design controls. Has anybody any opinion about it ? just to be aware about the xojo market… i always prefer to buy products from individusl developers than big companies, as i enjoy a better and immediate cooperation in supporting their products. The downside is the case like that with Jeremie Leroys little story… maybe there is a need for a xojo alliance like those in insurance companies which will take care to support bunkruped insurance company’s customers. :slight_smile:

However leroy’s site is a very elegant ones, that guy should be something very special…[/quote]
However, i hope the reason of his absent to be not due to an accident or illness or other unfortunate event.

If the Xojo Posters webpage is to be believed (and I see no reason why it would not be accurate)… Mr. Leroy was active on this very forum less than 5 hours ago… or if not him, then someone using his account… However he (or his account) has not posted anything for over two weeks.

https://forum.xojo.com/member/statistics/122343-jeremie-l

I PM’d him on this site recently and received a reply several days later saying that the only parts of this site he visits these days are the IOS and Pre-Release topics. He also mentioned that he tries to reply to all email but some may slip through the cracks.

Based on that, if you need to reach him, I’d try direct email first, or a PM, since we probably don’t want to be cluttering the IOS or Pre-Release topics with posts reaching out to him that don’t actually relate to those topics. It sounds like he’s unlikely to see posts under General or Add-Ons.

I mentioned in my message to him that people were looking for him in a couple of threads.

Why would an Add-on provider not read the Add-on category?

I personally are subscribed to most channels and when I get an email with MBS or monkeybread, my Mail client flags it for me, so I don’t miss it!

Please, don’t come up with any excuse for Jeremies Leroy bad behaviour as developer and solutions provider. For this kind of rude behaviour, there are NO excuses. Simple like that.

I shared the portion of his reply as a piece of factual information on this thread’s topic (as opposed to speculation), but everyone can use or judge the information in their own way.

As for me, I was happy that he’s not in the hospital or something, but discouraged about the implications for his add-on products and reputation. My only prior interaction with him was buying a couple of his plugins several years ago (which I no longer use), and a couple of support emails back then.

Christian, I share your confusion, and Chris, although I can think of several scenarios that would have excused things (in my eyes), I agree that the info provided does not.

My opinion: I am a firm believer that if adequate support can not be provided for a product, the course of action should be:

1. Alter the business model so that sustainable support can be provided, or
  2. The product should be open-sourced or sold to a different provider, or
  3. Release the product as shareware, with the lack of support clearly indicated before and in the download, or lastly,
  4. If none of those are workable, provide a fully functional trial version for testing before purchase with numerous warnings before downloading and within the download that the product is not supported.

LOL… Mr. Leroy has obviously read these threads… as of this morning he has hidden his last login date/time in the Xojo Poster website. Personally I think he has irreparably harmed his once stellar reputation… Which of course is a shame.

He lost me as a customer.