Travel to/from Denver International Airport

1. 6 months ago

Dana B

12 Mar 2018 Xojo Inc Austin, Texas

https://www.denver.org/about-denver/transportation/airport-rail/

The train from DIA to Union Station is $9 and is the easiest way to travel from the airport to the hotel. It's a .7 mile (8 blocks) walk from the station to the hotel straight down 17th street. Or if you don't want to walk, there is a bus route and taxis/Uber at Union Station.

2. Bob K

12 Mar 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Kansas City

That's what I plan on doing. Seems silly to take a taxi/Uber from the airport to downtown. Depending on the time of day the train might be significantly faster.

3. Philippe C

12 Mar 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Ottawa, Canada

Also the train runs every 15 minutes, so that's very convenient.

4. scott b

13 Mar 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro local coffee shop

@Bob K That's what I plan on doing. Seems silly to take a taxi/Uber from the airport to downtown. Depending on the time of day the train might be significantly faster.

@Bob K I agree with you. And I am a big fan of Uber as I use it for work all the time. But when they have a train like that that is fast & reliable it makes it hard not to use the train.

I can’t wait to see all y’all Xojo peeps!

5. 5 months ago

Kem T

Apr 16 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers New York

FYI, I just looked it up and an Uber X from the airport is around $40 at this moment. If you're sharing, it might be worth it.

There was also mention of a "courtesy car" from Union Station on a Trip Advisor review. I'll look into that and report back.

6. Dana B

Apr 16 Xojo Inc Austin, Texas

I am looking forward to avoiding traffic on the train, so much faster! From the Union Station, you can hop on a bus (right by the train) with a big label "FREE MALL RIDE." It goes all around the area, you'll be on it for a few stops to Stout Street. The hotel is at 17th street & Stout, so you'll almost be at the door!

Seems pretty easy and much cheaper than an Uber or Taxi!

7. Jeremie L

Apr 16 Pre-Release Testers, XDC Speakers Europe (France) - getpackr.io

After 16 hours of travel, might be easier to just hop on an Uber and get off right in front of the Hotel. :)

8. Kem T

Apr 16 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers New York

The important thing is to just get there. A little over a week to go...

9. Christian S

Apr 16 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Germany
    Edited 5 months ago

I felt ashamed when I discovered there is $9 train after I used a taxi.
    Nobody should do the taxi as airport is far outside the city and the train is faster, cheaper and brings you just a few blocks away from hotel.

10. Dana B

Apr 16 Xojo Inc Austin, Texas

@Jeremie L After 16 hours of travel, might be easier to just hop on an Uber and get off right in front of the Hotel. :)

You could get an uber from Union Station. The $9 train is really easy and avoids a lot of traffic on the highways.

11. Jeremie L

Apr 16 Pre-Release Testers, XDC Speakers Europe (France) - getpackr.io

Will certainly do that, thanks Dana!

or Sign Up to reply!