Break Points don't work in a xojo.core.timer.calllater method call?

To open multiple containers for a multi-task process, I use the Xojo.Core.Timer.CallLater(0, theMethod) so that I don’t mix up the threading that I now seem to have working. However, in trying to debug the code to create and embed the new container instance, it seems that breakpoints in the method are ignored by the debugger run if the method is called by the timer. If I call the method directly, the break point is honored.

Anyone have an idea about this?

Mac Os 10.12.6
2017r3.1

A quick test app works here:

[code]Sub Open() Handles Open
Xojo.Core.Timer.CallLater(0, Addressof test)
End Sub

Public Sub test()
MsgBox “Hello”
End Sub
[/code]

so can you reproduce in a new project?

Are you placing a breakpoint on the call to MsgBox, or just letting the MsgBox popup?

A breakpoint on the MsgBox line here does not break and the MsgBox just appears.

No issue here reimplementing Christian’s example. Breakpoint is on MsgBox("Test").
I have had issues sometimes when setting a breakpoint after the app is already running. Could that be your issue?

[quote=377379:@Tim Parnell]No issue here reimplementing Christian’s example. Breakpoint is on MsgBox("Test").
I have had issues sometimes when setting a breakpoint after the app is already running. Could that be your issue?[/quote]
Not in this case. I entered Christian’s code, set the breakpoint on the MsgBox line, and ran the project.

I added a direct call to the “test” method and the same breakpoint is honored.

For science: my test was on Mac 10.11.6, Xojo 2017r3, 32bit build.

Edit: Also, AFAIK there’s no 2017r3.1 as you stated in your original post?

You’re right, but I didn’t notice until Christian had responded meaning that I couldn’t change it :slight_smile: