Baseball: Rockies vs Padres, April 24th

I’m going to see the ball game since the Padres are in town and the stadium (Coors Field) is close to the hotel.

https://www.mlb.com/rockies/schedule/2018-04

If you’re in town on the 24th and would like to go too, it might be nice to get a block of tickets together.

Game is at 6:40 PM so we’ll miss the meet-and-greet, but we can meet-and-greet at the stadium!

this may be an interesting idea for a conference start.

There are super-cheap, general admission tickets in the nosebleed section for 4$ but I think a reasonable seat along the first base line is in the 29$ range

I can email all attendees and point them to this thread to let them know so you might be able to get a big group?

How long is an average baseball game ?

I will say, around 3 hours.

20 or more are eligible for group tickets… see: https://www.mlb.com/rockies/tickets/group-tickets/pricing

If only it wasn’t on that Tuesday…

Well, we probably spend each more on food/drinks than for a $30 ticket.
And I would prefer a seat where I can see something.

If you think that the attendees wouldn’t mind, Dana, I’m sure pointing them to this thread might be useful.

I’m willing to organize it; just trying to figure out the best way to have a sign-up sheet and pay. It’s probably easier if one person (me) purchases the tickets so they’re all together.

Absolutely! I have some reminders and things to send out to attendees and speakers this week so I’ll be sure to put this in!

And regarding the meet & greet - it will likely go on for a while, so I’m sure there will still be people around when y’all get back from the game!

Hi Jeremie, I am winner of prev Jeremie Leroy’s FIFA world cup challenge, and now look forward to join the next in this year.

G’day!!

Eating a hot dog at a baseball game is on my bucket list for my USA trip, but I only get into Denver just after 17:00. Timing is a little tight but I’d love to go. I’ll check with my travelling companion.

Cheers
Grant

[quote=376880:@Grant Singleton]G’day!!

Eating a hot dog at a baseball game is on my bucket list for my USA trip, but I only get into Denver just after 17:00. Timing is a little tight but I’d love to go.[/quote]

The game will last long enough that you will get almost the full experience even if you arrive a bit later. I could probably leave your ticket at the hotel for you so you could grab it when you arrive, drop your bags and make your way to the stadium. Hopefully you won’t be too jet-lagged!

@Jeff Hamby You going to be there early enough to make the game? I am interested. You might have to hold me back from heckling Hosmer for abandoning us Royals!

Philippe,

Yes leaving tickets at the hotel desk would be the most preferable. I can dump my luggage and get going again. I won’t be jet lagged because I’ll be in San Francisco for 4 days before flying in to Denver via Phoenix.

Could you please organise 2 tickets and a method of payment to you. Do you have a PayPal account? Maybe a private message from this point forward.

Cheers
Grant

[quote=377044:@Grant Singleton]Could you please organise 2 tickets and a method of payment to you.
[/quote]

I’ll figure out a sign-up sheet this weekend. I haven’t decided how to handle payment yet :wink:

Well, would we simply buy ourselves tickets in same block?
Or would you buy a row for us?

[quote=377101:@Christian Schmitz]Well, would we simply buy ourselves tickets in same block?
Or would you buy a row for us?[/quote]

If we all buy separately it’s unlikely we’ll be next to each other. I suggest that I’ll put up a sign up sheet today and close it in a week, then buy the tickets and we can figure out how y’all give me money. Not looking to make a profit at all, just don’t want to pay for it all. Since we’ll all be in the same place, we’ll work something out.

Here is the signup form: https://goo.gl/L266E4

I will leave it open for a week (until March 18th at 16:00 EDT / 20:00 UTC).