WebApp closes by itself

1. ‹ Older
  2. last year

Alexandre C

20 Feb 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Brazil
    Edited last year

@Greg OLone Ok, first of all, we need to stop referring the this as a crash. A crash would mean that the app is quitting (or being forced to quit) and all of the connected users are being disconnected at the same time. That’s not what Alexandre is describing here. It’s simply not responding properly to certain users.

Correct!

@Greg OLone Too many users. It could be this... cgi apps can only handle about 50 simultaneous users.

In my webapp, it's not the case. There are only 8 or at most 10 simultaneous users.

@Greg OLone What I need next is to know the country and language of the users who are having trouble so we can see if this is some sort of regional encoding issue.

I'm from Brazil. I use all in English: MacOS, Xojo, Browsers, etc.
    The same for dates, numbers, etc

One big problem i have and reported before, is about localization: Feedback #40624 - Localization of number does not work
    On my app i need to do some workarounds to fix this. But also it's not the case here, since we are using a "test.app" with no code at all.

Tell me if you need more information!

3. Alexandre C

20 Feb 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Brazil

@olivier v can you send your Apache configuration file (httpd. conf) please?

The full file? I have 10+ sites on my server…

what information do you need exactly?

4. Greg O

21 Feb 2018 Xojo Inc

@Alexandre C – Could you start a new thread for your issue? I can’t keep the two conversations straight. Once you do that, I’ll try to extract your portion of this conversation over there.

5. Alexandre C

21 Feb 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Brazil

@Greg OLone @Alexandre C – Could you start a new thread for your issue? I can’t keep the two conversations straight. Once you do that, I’ll try to extract your portion of this conversation over there.

Done

6. Tony L

2 Mar 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Answer Hong Kong

Just an update to the status of my "problem". It is in fact my own fault, every time I compiled the project, I only copied the main program without the others. Now I copied everything to the server every time I deploy a new version, it seems to work without problem now. Sorry for my stupid mistake and many thanks to all your suggestions made in this thread.

7. Alexandre C

7 Mar 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Brazil

@Tony L Just an update to the status of my "problem". It is in fact my own fault, every time I compiled the project, I only copied the main program without the others. Now I copied everything to the server every time I deploy a new version, it seems to work without problem now. Sorry for my stupid mistake and many thanks to all your suggestions made in this thread.

Hi @Greg OLone, I do the same thing!

But i also uploaded all components and the problem persists.

Alex

8. Tony L

7 Mar 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Hong Kong

@Alexandre C part of the components may be held up by Linux, try stopping Apache and make sure no files are being held up, then copy

9. Alexandre C

7 Mar 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Brazil

@Tony L @Alexandre C part of the components may be held up by Linux, try stopping Apache and make sure no files are being held up, then copy

@Tony L, already did it.

Same thing

10. Tony L

7 Mar 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Hong Kong

@Alexandre C I am not sure if this relates to your problem, I now deploy my apps on a Mac instead of windows. No matter web apps or desktop apps, if I use my windows 10 machine to deploy, abnormal errors or app crash appears.

11. Alexandre C

10 Mar 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Brazil

I changed Apache timeout from 20 to 300 seconds. Same problem!

or Sign Up to reply!