XOJO r3 Ioexception problem when run

Hi Guys,

I am using Windows 10 x64.

I use xojo 2017 r3 before without the problem, but nowI experience problem. When I run my XOJO R3, It popup an error. when I clicked ignore, XOJO automatically closed.

The last time I remember I did to my computer is the installation of POSTGres v10. The installation has no problem

Here is the screen shot

Anybody encounter the same problem? Please help.

Edit (Paul): Used embeddable image URL

Did you removed the DB plug ins ?

Did you reinstall Xojo ?

I tried to reinstall the XOJO, but the problem is the same.

Does it run as 32bit?
What changed between now and last time it did run properly?

I have experienced various execeptions of this type when moving from 32bit to 64bit (declares for example)
or situations where events now fire in a different order causing things to NOT become initializied when I thought they would be.

Add some type of logging mechanism to your code to help track down exactly when

sorry, my laptop is 64bit.

I just noticed a day after I installed postgress that my XOJOR3 becomes not functional. Although I still have XOJO2.1 on my laptop and it works fine.

only the XOJOR3 is not functional.

Reporting this in Feedback would be good as it will include details about the exception. I’m not sure what would cause the Xojo IDE to fail to start in this case. For troubleshooting, I usually recommend people create a new user account and try to run Xojo from there in case this error is caused by corrupt preferences or something else specific to the original user account.

Thanks Paul.

I would like to ask, I had REGHUNTER which remove some incorrect entries in Windows registry. Does this software can effect XOJO account ?

[quote=373125:@ronaldo florendo]Thanks Paul.

I would like to ask, I had REGHUNTER which remove some incorrect entries in Windows registry. Does this software can effect XOJO account ?[/quote]

In my experience, registry cleaners stuff things up royally. Can you revert to a restore point prior to running that? Otherwise clean install your OS.

Thank Peter.

Hopefully, I can avoid re installation of my OS.
Lots of software licenses here. :frowning:

[quote=373149:@ronaldo florendo]Hopefully, I can avoid re installation of my OS.
Lots of software licenses here[/quote]
One of the reasons I hate registered software