webapp just ends when using mac client (closed, duplicate)

Hi!

I’m having this problem a while ago.

When i’m debugging my webapp on my mac, it runs just fine. does not quit any moment using or on hold.

But for compiled version, if i’m on a mac, the app just ends with “The application has gone off-line. Please try again later.”, at any time, in any function or doing any process. It’s simply random!

It works fine on “any” version of windows, with firefox or chrome.

Any help or ideas will be great!!

Best regards,

Alex

Development and debug
Xojo 2017r3
MacOS 10.3.3
Safari, latest version

Have you implemented the UnhandledException event in App or Session to figure out why the app is quitting?

yes, i did. nothing shows.

Function UnhandledException(Error As RuntimeException) Handles UnhandledException as Boolean
  If error <> Nil Then
    Dim type As String = Introspection.GetType(error).Name
    MsgBox(type + EndOfLine + EndOfLine + Join(error.Stack, EndOfLine))
  End If
End Function

Have you tried Firefox and Chrome on macOS? I’m curious if it’s browser or platform specific.

Any browser on any Mac

It"s so crazy I can’t believe!

Even an “empty” project.

I guess may be a server problem but I can’t figure out what can be the cause.

If it’s even empty projects then something else is going on. I have the same config as you and am not experiencing this issue.

In this case, my first thought would be to check your server’s firewall to see if it’s intermittently blocking traffic from your Mac.

Also, what platform is the server?

Perhaps the mac firewall or the server firewall?

It’s on any mac, any.

I talked to my virtual server provider, KnownHost, and they don’t know what could be.

I used to host the app on another server, with no problems at all.

tell me the link to the webapp… i try the web console from my mac

Hi!

What kind of tests will you do?

Alex

Hi guys!

Is there a way to make the webapp to quit if no one is using the app?

How?

[quote=373289:@Alexandre Cunha]Hi guys!

Is there a way to make the webapp to quit if no one is using the app?

How?[/quote]
If it’s CGI, it will do that automatically.

For Standalone, you’ll need to set App.autoquit = True in the App.Open event. Be careful with this. Once a Standalone app quits, you’ll have to start it again to allow new users to connect.

[quote=373329:@Greg O’Lone]If it’s CGI, it will do that automatically.

For Standalone, you’ll need to set App.autoquit = True in the App.Open event. Be careful with this. Once a Standalone app quits, you’ll have to start it again to allow new users to connect.[/quote]

It’s CGI.

The host provider, sent me this message: “That site uses PHP 5.6 and I see max_execution_time is set to 300.”
Is that correct for CGI App?

Alex

Xojo apps don’t use php at all. They use Perl for the cgi part and that setting doesn’t apply here.

Closed with discussion continuing here https://forum.xojo.com/45983-webapp-closes-by-itself/last because it’s addresding the same question.