Same MySQL problem on Win10 as 7

Windows 10 via Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Pro Edition
macOS 10.12.6

I have been using SQLite extensively and am now moving to MySQL. I have it installed on the OS X side and all seems ok. I have gone through the Windows install and it seemed to be ok with the only exception being that it tells me Python isn’t installed. I have gone through both 32 and 64-bit installs for python but it tells be it is still not there. I click to continue and MySQL appears to install. I check the services box and both the MySQL57 and MySQL router are running.

I am running windows on a Mac using Parallels. I am MUCH more familiar with Mac than with Windows…

Excuse the length below but it is the transcript of my trying to get it to connect:

[code]C:\Users\bill>path
PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Parallels Tools\Applications;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Utilities 1.6\;C:\Users\bill\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;

C:\Users\bill>services.msc

C:\Users\bill>mysql57
‘mysql57’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\bill>mysql server
‘mysql’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Users\bill>MySQL57
‘MySQL57’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Users\bill>mysqladmin
‘mysqladmin’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Users\bill>MySQL
‘MySQL’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Users\bill>mysql
‘mysql’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Users\bill>MySQL -h localhost -u root -p
‘MySQL’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Users\bill>[/code]

Is it due to the length of your path statement, try moving the mysql bit to the front as a test and see if it works. 260 characters is the limit I believe.

Thanks Paul, I wasn’t aware of that limit - just another reason to stick with Mac I guess…

thanks again

The problem was that the MySQL install didn’t add the /bin folder to the path. I added that and it is now working…