MAS rejection

I just got the below message of rejection of the first 64 bit version on my WaterMark+ app, built with 2017 R2.1.

I am puzzled as to what to do to remedy that. I do not call myself the mentioned API.

Any workaround idea will be appreciated. TIA.

Guideline 2.5.1 - Performance

Your app uses or references the following non-public API(s):

‘/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit’ : OBJC_IVAR_$_NSEPSImageRep._pdfImageRep

The use of non-public APIs is not permitted on the App Store as it can lead to a poor user experience should these APIs change.

Next Steps

If you have defined methods in your source code with the same names as the above-mentioned APIs, we suggest altering your method names so that they no longer collide with Apple’s private APIs to avoid your application being flagged in future submissions.

Additionally, one or more of the above-mentioned APIs may reside in a library included with your application. If you do not have access to the library’s source, you may be able to search the compiled binary using “strings” or “otool” command line tools. The “strings” tool can output a list of the methods that the library calls and “otool -ov” will output the Objective-C class structures and their defined methods. These techniques can help you narrow down where the problematic code resides.

If you are unable to reproduce this issue, ensure you are testing the exact version of the app that you submitted for review, and that you’re doing so in a minimally privileged environment. See Technical Q&A QA1778: How to reproduce bugs reported against Mac App Store submissions.

For information on how to symbolicate and read a crash log, please see Technical Note TN2123 - CrashReporter.

Are you using PDF export or something similar ?

Could well be a plugin that causes this (even if you do not use some features of it).
I had this too with dtPlugins, Jean-Paul had to strip things to get it accepted.

That’s an old plugin from me.
Please update the MBS Plugins.

We have a class NSEPSImageRepMBS, which had a PDF image property, but we removed it due to those checks.

No, but it seems indeed it could come from some plugin.

[quote=372210:@Christian Schmitz]That’s an old plugin from me.
Please update the MBS Plugins.

We have a class NSEPSImageRepMBS, which had a PDF image property, but we removed it due to those checks.[/quote]

I don’t use NSEPSImageRepMBS and the MBS MacBase Plugin is not in the installed plugins.

You may use NSImageMBS, which triggers inclusion of NSImageRepMBS and other subclasses.

These are the plugins in my folder :

MBS Xojo Cocoa Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo CocoaBase Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo CocoaControls Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo CocoaExtras Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo Compression Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo ComputerControl Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo GIF Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo GraphicsMagick Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo JPEG Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo Leopard Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo Mac Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo MacOSX Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo MacOSXCF Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo MacOSXCG Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo Main Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo MountainLion Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo Picture Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo Tiff Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo Util Plugin.xojo_plugin

Christian, I got the MBS complete 18, but am puzzled because some of the plugins I used have changed names or have disappeared.

Do you have any document that list the equivalents between previous versions and now ? I could not find :

MBS Xojo GIF Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo JPEG Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo Leopard Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo Mac Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo MacOSXCF Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo MacOSXCG Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo MountainLion Plugin.xojo_plugin MBS Xojo Tiff Plugin.xojo_plugin

For my current project the only class missing was NSPredicateMBS, but I suspect other projects that rely on the classes within these plugins may trigger errors.

You can look here:
https://www.mbsplugins.de/archive/2017-10-09/Plugin_Reorganization_Summary/monkeybreadsoftware_blog_archive

NSPredicateMBS iis in the MBS MacCloud Plugin.

Great. Thank you Christian :slight_smile:

Last news. Yesterday, before I got the new plugins, I simply generated a 32 bits build, and uploaded it to the MAS. It went through just fine and is now on sale. Apparently, grand fathered applications do not need 64 bit just yet.

Yep, I confirm. My grand fathered apps still get accepted as 32 bit. If I recollect right, this should be OK until June, then grandfathers will get the same treatment as babies.

That’s correct;. New apps are to be 64-Bit from Jan, while app updates have to be 64-Bit from July.