Xcode 9 and App Store Build?

Has anyone used the latest version of Xojo and Xcode 9 and successfully built an app for the store?

I’ve had no problems building an app for development and installing it on devices, but when I build for the store I get

[quote]The operation couldn’t be completed. 2018-02-03 14:57:27.588 xcodebuild[98885:12201699] [MT] IDEDistribution: -[IDEDistributionLogging _createLoggingBundleAtPath:]: Created bundle at path ‘/var/folders/j5/6jk3jd3d0_d7ntfjrkvrp4_m0000gp/T/ACS_2018-02-03_14-57-27.587.xcdistributionlogs’.
2018-02-03 14:57:27.850 xcodebuild[98885:12201699] [MT] IDEDistribution: Step failed: <IDEDistributionSigningAssetsStep: 0x7fbbb4e574e0>: Error Domain=IDEDistributionSigningAssetStepErrorDomain Code=0 “Locating signing assets failed.” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Locating signing assets failed., IDEDistributionSigningAssetStepUnderlyingErrors=(
“Error Domain=IDEProvisioningErrorDomain Code=9 ““ACS.app” requires a provisioning profile.” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=“ACS.app” requires a provisioning profile., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Add a profile to the “provisioningProfiles” dictionary in your Export Options property list.}”
)}
error: exportArchive: “ACS.app” requires a provisioning profile.[/quote]
If I create an Xcode project with the same bundle ID, it identifies the distribution provisioning profile as valid. The distribution cert is correctly installed in Keychain Access. I manually deleted all the profiles and let Xcode redownload them.

Am I just doomed to delete everything and start over or is there a known issue?

Known issue: <https://xojo.com/issue/50759>

Workaround is to continue using Xcode 8.

Thanks, Paul. I’ve promoted that Case in Feedback.

Note that I just got an email from Apple saying:

Me too. I wonder what this will entail for Xojo? And will there need to be new constraints or something added for the iPhone X?

I am currently having the same issue with Xcode 9.4.1, assuming it is too late to try Xcode 8.

The operation couldn’t be completed. 2018-10-23 21:36:41.325 xcodebuild[2878:70500] [MT] IDEDistribution: -[IDEDistributionLogging _createLoggingBundleAtPath:]: Created bundle at path ‘/var/folders/3v/567m9pyx0qg8hc7170zf8n5h0000gn/T/APPNAME_2018-10-23_21-36-41.324.xcdistributionlogs’.
2018-10-23 21:36:41.821 xcodebuild[2878:70500] [MT] IDEDistribution: Step failed: <IDEDistributionSigningAssetsStep: 0x7fa26b72ec40>: Error Domain=IDEDistributionSigningAssetStepErrorDomain Code=0 “Locating signing assets failed.” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Locating signing assets failed., IDEDistributionSigningAssetStepUnderlyingErrors=(
“Error Domain=IDEProfileLocatorErrorDomain Code=1 “No profiles for ‘com.k-laboratories-pa.ss’ were found” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=No profiles for ‘com.bundleID.suffix’ were found, NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Xcode couldn’t find any iOS App Store provisioning profiles matching ‘com.bundleID.suffix’. Automatic signing is disabled and unable to generate a profile. To enable automatic signing, pass -allowProvisioningUpdates to xcodebuild.}”
)}
error: exportArchive: No profiles for ‘com.bundleID.suffix’ were found

I tried new App ID’s, bot specific and wildcard, generated new profiles, and many variations of signing options in Xcode. I also added the compiler argument to the Xcode scheme hoping that might solve it. I was able to successfully test my app on a device, but I have not tried an app store build attempt until now. If no one knows how to fix this issue can I at the very least get some “pointers” on how to configure my signing settings in Xcode for a distribution build.

Thanks All

doesn’t you bundle id have to be “unique”… and should contain your (or your company) name or something related to “you” as well as the app…

All the error messages that I see are complaining about “com.bundleID.suffix” which is rather “generic”

Yes I changed the bundle ID in the output from my actual company and app name to that for privacy concerns but imagine a unique bundle ID. Also that is the output from the wildcard ID that generated a unique ID when I registered it in itunes connect. I didn’t see a difference when the error log was shown for the specific bundle ID attempts.

It seems the bundle ID you set is: ‘com.k-laboratories-pa.ss’

I do not recommend using generic bundles IDs in developer.apple.com
Could you try with a bundle ID that does not contain any dash sign.

Example:
com.klaboratoriespa.ss

by the way which version of macOS are you using ?