MAS - unsupported architectures error

I’m getting the following error when I try to upload my wrapped app to the MAS:

ERROR ITMS-90240: "Unsupported Architectures. Your executable contained the following disallowed architectures: '[i386 (in com.mycompany.myapp.pkg/Payload/MyApp.app/Contents/Frameworks/XojoFramework.framework/Versions/A/XojoFramework)]'. New apps submitted to the Mac App Store must support 64-bit starting January 2018, and Mac app updates and existing apps must support 64-bit starting June 2018."

I have x86 64-bit selected in the settings for This Computer in XOJO 2017 release 2.1. Anyone know what this means?

I am guessing that it’s because the XojoFramework still contains 32-Bit code (as well as 64-Bit code), you can test this by using App Wrapper, on the “Other” Pane, switch “Architecture cleanup” from “Remove PowerPC code” to “Make 64-Bit only” and it will strip everything but Intel 64-Bit code.

A word of warning, if your application contains helper apps that are 32-Bit only, these will be removed (It’s not smart enough to seek these out just yet).

What do you have selected under Macintosh?

i think the setting in AppWrapper “Make Intel 64-bit only” was the ticket. It seems to have uploaded to MAS this time. looked all over and never saw that option. thanks!

No worries, I added that a couple of years ago to help ‘trim’ down application sizes, at the time I never considered it to become necessary.

I might move it to the front pane, now that it appears Apple don’t just want 64-Bit as well, they want only 64-Bit! A more permanent solution would be to make App Wrapper a bit smarter and auto detect, but that will probably come with v4 engine.

Appwrapper is and should be essential for anyone who wants to release apps on the Appstore. You essentially buy a license for Sams impeccable Codesign knowledge. :slight_smile:

Thanks Christian, it’s always great to hear when my work is appreciated.

Just got this error. Changed Architecture cleanup to Make 64-Bit only, solved the problem.

Glad to have renewed my subscription 3 weeks aga. Thanks to Sam, this probably saved me from headache, again :slight_smile:

I think that this should be the default option for MAS now (just like sandbox). This is not the case for now (3.8.8)

There is a new option in 3.8.8 on the “General” tab for this option, but I’ll look into making an update enforce 64-Bit of you ship for the App Store, especially as Apple will not accept a 32-Bit app or UB.

This thread just save my rear end. Shame the 64 bit build in Xojo doesn’t actually handle it but App Wrapper did it. :slight_smile: