Gravatar selection

1. last year

Bill

1 Feb 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Longview Texas

1st - I HATE wordpress!

I have 2 images in the gravatar site. how do I use a selected one for this forum without changing the one used for my gmail account

problem: too many d#$@ email addresses. apparently it's fixed.

2. Alberto D

1 Feb 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro
    Edited last year

I think you can't.

Maybe you can register another email with Gravatar (new account, I don't know if you add an email to the same account if you can select an avatar for each email), then use that email in this forum.

3. scott b

1 Feb 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro local coffee shop

most sites that use Gravatar don’t implement the code needed to be able to select the 2nd (or later) images associated with the account. I have multiple images with my gravatar account. 98% of the sites only use the first one.

I am not sure what underlying library the forums use to grab the images from Gravatar. so I am not sure if it is possible for it to select the 2nd(+) images.

4. Bill

thanks Alberto and Scott,

all that being the case, since I have a gravatar registered that works fine in my gmail, what do I have to do to get this forum to grab the image. Some time ago, it all worked, then Xojo changed something and I started getting the thing you see now. I can't seem to get my old image to display.

5. Alberto D

1 Feb 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

If you are using your gmail account in the forum, your gravatar should show. From what I know the image it show for you is when the email in the forum is not register with gravatar.

6. Paul L

1 Feb 2018 Xojo Inc http://docs.xojo.com

@BillPlunkett since I have a gravatar registered that works fine in my gmail, what do I have to do to get this forum to grab the image. Some time ago, it all worked, then Xojo changed something and I started getting the thing you see now. I can't seem to get my old image to display.

My understanding is you need to go to your Xojo Account, Contact Info and make sure that the primary email matches one used by your Gravitar account. You can also add other emails in the "Other Addresses" section, but they may not be used by the forum for Gravitar.

7. Bill

Just double checked, the default email on my Xojo Account is the gmail account with the image.

8. Tim P

1 Feb 2018 Pre-Release Testers feedback://46303

There are instructions for generating the gravatar hash here: https://en.gravatar.com/site/implement/hash/
    If you follow them yourself, do you get the same hash the forum does?

9. Bill

1 Feb 2018 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Answer Longview Texas

problem: too many d#$@ email addresses. apparently it's fixed.

10. Tim P

1 Feb 2018 Pre-Release Testers feedback://46303

@BillPlunkett problem: too many d#$@ email addresses. apparently it's fixed.

You now understand #FirstWorldProblems :P

or Sign Up to reply!