Which textfield did i click

Trying to determine if a specific text field has been picked or selected by user, with nothing necessaryly entered.

I can set a field with setfocus but can’t seem to determine if a field was “clicked” or selected. Thanks.

What are you trying to accomplish with this? Depending on that I may have a solution

Not easy to explain. I have several edit fields that I want to know if I clicked in a specific field so that I can use or modify data related to calculations that will be ultimately performed from the information related to that field. I can get the field if the key is pressed but there are instances where other input information may be changed without changing the specific number in the field but you would put cursor in that field so that information you may change is related to that field (1,2,3,4).

Four Fields for flows in a pipe. When I am in field one and press a round pipe button i enter round pipe information. In Flow field 2 I press an oval pipe. The I might want to change the pipe for field 1 but not the flow so I click in that field without any entry so when I press a pipe button I can modify the type of pipe used for that flow.

Hope that makes since.

Does the GotFocus event fire on the TextField once it has gained focus through various means (tab,clicking ect)

There is no GotFocus event on iOS out of the box.

WOW… shouldn’t that basically be the equivalent of the Swift/ObjC/Xcode delegates for UITEXTFIELD?

and LostFocus would be DidEndEditing?

Yes that’s it Dave, but Xojo doesn’t expose those delegate events

Shakes head (yet again) at how/why Xojo chose to leave so much basic functionality out of “Xojo for iOS”…

to quote Michel “its a Fisher Price level application”

[quote=371671:@Ken Kniel]Not easy to explain. I have several edit fields that I want to know if I clicked in a specific field so that I can use or modify data related to calculations that will be ultimately performed from the information related to that field. I can get the field if the key is pressed but there are instances where other input information may be changed without changing the specific number in the field but you would put cursor in that field so that information you may change is related to that field (1,2,3,4).

Four Fields for flows in a pipe. When I am in field one and press a round pipe button i enter round pipe information. In Flow field 2 I press an oval pipe. The I might want to change the pipe for field 1 but not the flow so I click in that field without any entry so when I press a pipe button I can modify the type of pipe used for that flow.

Hope that makes since.[/quote]
I’m not sure text fields are the best option then. Look into segmented controls or just use buttons if the data won’t be changed. If you would like to get a tap event you can use the UITapGestureRecognizer in iOSKit.

[quote=371692:@Dave S]Shakes head (yet again) at how/why Xojo chose to leave so much basic functionality out of “Xojo for iOS”…

to quote Michel “its a Fisher Price level application”[/quote]
Dave you don’t need to invade every iOS thread with this. Everyone knows that Xojo iOS is unnecessarily limited. I wish it wasn’t. But always stating this in every thread just makes it harder to provide help to people and clutters threads. Xojo has unfortunately made its position known related to iOS with the lack of change and improvements over the last several years. We can only hope Android is a more mature product (but again let’s not discuss this here).

No worries I will figure something out even if it requires putting together some blocks and plastic rings!