Einhugur Plugin Releases (2018)

(Made new thread 2018 since the old one was getting long)

[b]PictureEffectsRaw 3.6, TypeLibF 2.4 and TypeLib 9.0 are out.

New in PictureEffects 3.6:[/b]
Added ReplaceColorEffectRaw class (Supporting RGB - 8bits and 16 bits per channel).
Added InterlaceEffectRaw class. (Supporting RGB and CMYK - 8bits and 16 bits per channel).
Added BarrelDistortEffectRaw class. (Supporting RGB and CMYK - 8bits and 16 bits per channel).
GrayscaleEffectRaw class now supports 16bits per channel.
ColorFilterEffectRaw class now supports 16bits per channel.
TintAndTemperatureEffectRaw class now supports 16bits per channel.
Changed the range of the properties on ColorFilterEffectRaw from -255 to 255 to -1.0 to 1.0 to account for different depths.
Changed the range of the properties on TintAndTemperatureEffectRaw from -100 to 100 to -1.0 to 1.0 to account for different depths.
Changed the TrimEffectRaw class to use the new Color classes from TypeLib 8.9 to simplify the class.
Added Example project for ReplaceColor.
Added Example project for Interlace.
Changed the color handling a little bit on the TrimEffectRaw class.
Updated the Trim example project.
Fixed issue with InvertEffectRaw when the type was XRGB or XBGR
Fixed issue with BrightnessEffectRaw when the type was XRGB or XBGR
Fixed issue with ContrastEffectRaw when the type was XRGB or XBGR
BlendEffectRaw now uses PointF and SizeF since Xojo.Core.Point and Xojo.Core.Size did not exist until Xojo 2015r1.

New in TypeLibF 2.4:
Added SizeF class.
Added automatic conversion operator on RectF to convert from Xojo.Core.Rect.
Added automatic conversion operator on PointF to convert from Xojo.Core.Point.
Added new Constructor to the RectF class that takes PointF and SizeF parameters.

New in TypeLib 9.0:
Added GenericColor abstract class, so that effects can now take in either RGBColor or CMYKColor.
RGBColor class now inherits from GenericColor.
CMYKColor class now inherits from GenericColor.
Fixed RawBitmapConverter.ToPicture for XRGB or XBGR and RGBX pixel formats.
Fixed RawBitmapConverterConsole.ToPicture for XRGB or XBGR and RGBX pixel formats.

More info at www.einhugur.com

ExcelReader component 1.1.2 is out.

ExcelReader component is to read Excel documents with Xojo code. The component can read basic data from xlsx Excel documents as well as some formatting.

The component uses Einhugur e-CryptIt Engine Plugin and Einhugur TypeLib plugin.

New in 1.1.2:

• Fixed issue that could cause the ExcelReader to read row number 100 incorrectly

more info at www.einhugur.com

Is TreeView 7.6 ever going to get an official release? I don’t see it on the regular website, just as a beta.

Hello Bob,

Yes its on my list to push out. Its going out as is as I don’t believe there have been any reports of issues in it.
It is important to get it out as new users who don’t know about the beta think things are not working.

Gtk3 support will wait for another release.

[b]DateControl 7.0.3 is out.

New in 7.0.3:[/b]
Fixed rare crash that could happen on 64 bit applications on Mac and Linux systems when using complex setups of dialogs.

TreeView 7.6 is out

This one was to long in beta phase, just sitting there, when users badly need it to get compatibility to newer Xojo versions. (Thanks Bob for nudging me on this one)

New in 7.6:
Some Xojo 2017r3 compatibility fixes were done.
Alignment and Indents are now supported on SubNodes (secondary columns)
Added ItemAlignment setter / getter method to the TreeviewNode class.
Added SetItemIndent method to the TreeViewNode class.
Added AlignmentValues enum to the TreeViewNode class.
Added new variation of the AddSubItem method to the TreeViewNode class.
Added SetColumnDefaultIndent method to the TreeView class.
Added ColumnDefaultAlignment setter / getter method to the TreeView class.
Added ColumnAlignmentValues enum to the TreeView class.

Note Gtk3 is not yet supported on Linux systems. Use Xojo 2017r1 or earlier on Linux systems since the control only supports Gtk2 currently.

[b]PictureEffectsRaw 4.0, TypeLib 9.1 and TypeLifF 2.4.2 are out.

PictureEffectsRaw is a Xojo plugin to do serious image processing in Xojo, using up to 8 CPU cores at once to run the effects.

Main theme of the 4.0 release is addition of Async mode.

Which now gives choices of the old style non Async running, and 2 ways of Async running as shown in the diagram bellow:

New in PictureEffects 4.0:[/b]
Asynchronous support:
Added support for asynchronous image processing in the MPImageFilterRaw multi core base class.
Added AsyncCompleted property to the MPImageFilterRaw class.
Added Cancel method to the MPImageFilterRaw class.
Added AsyncResult property to the MPImageFilterRaw class.
Added methods to the SepiaEffectRaw class to support asynchronous image processing.
Added methods to the BrightnessEffectRaw class to support asynchronous image processing.
Added methods to the TintAndTemperatureEfffectRaw class to support asynchronous image processing.
Added methods to the ContrastEffectRaw class to support asynchronous image processing.
Added methods to the ColorFilterEffectRaw class to support asynchronous image processing.
Added methods to the InvertEffectRaw class to support asynchronous image processing.
Added methods to the GrayScaleEffectRaw class to support asynchronous image processing.
Added methods to the BlendEffectRaw class to support asynchronous image processing.
Added methods to the RainbowEffectRaw class to support asynchronous image processing.
Added methods to the ScaleEffectRaw to support asynchronous image processing.
Added methods to the RotateEffectRaw to support asynchronous image processing.
Added methods to the FlipEffectRaw to support asynchronous image processing.
Added method to the CrystalizeEffectRaw class to support asynchronous image processing.
Added method to the ConvolutionEffectRaw class o support asynchronous image processing.

Features brought up from the old deprecated PictureEffects (non Raw version):
Added OilPaintEffectRaw class (8 bit per channel, RGB, Synchronous) (This one was never multi core in the old non Raw version of the plugin but is now multi core enabled like everything else in this new plugin).
Added PolarCoordinatesEffectRaw class (8 bit, 16bit per channel, RGB, CMYK, Synchronous and asynchronous)

More 16 bit per channel support:
ConvolutionEffectRaw class now supports 16bits per channel.
RainbowEffectRaw class now supports 16bits per channel.

Fixes:
Fixed issue in the ScaleEffectRaw class.
Fixed issue with the ConvolutionEffectRaw when the type was XRGB or XBGR.
Fixed problem in the CrystalizeEffectRaw class where it was not possible to enable the triangle crystal shape.

Changes:
Changed the Thread API’s on macOS systems to get rid of deprecated API’s.

New example projects:
Added 9 new example projects for asynchronous image processing.
Added 1 new example project for the new OilPaint effect.
Added 1 new example project for the new PolarCoordinates effect.

New in TypeLib 9.1:
Added IRawBitmapProcessorAsync interface

New in TypeLibF 2.4.2:
Added Intersects function to the RectF class.

More info at www.einhugur.com

Hi Björn,
I’m using DateControl 7.0.3 in one of my projects, but I cannot use it for the way I need it.
In my project, I have a postgresql timestamp field, which could contain a date or be NULL.
Therefore, depending on the content of the field, the control must appear empty (DB field = NULL) or set to the DB date.
The control is set with empydates = true, and if I initialize the control with the DB date field (if it contains a valid date) everything is ok, if the DB’s date field is NULL, the control displays a checkbox (not selected) ) and empty editing slashes.
I would prefer not to see it (I would prefer the blanks field), but the worst thing is that if I click and open the calendar in order to select a consistent date, it opens with current date and month but year 1 !!!
Am I not using the control correctly?
Can you help me please ?

Thanks
Luciano

[quote=386014:@luciano monti]Hi Björn,
I’m using DateControl 7.0.3 in one of my projects, but I cannot use it for the way I need it.
In my project, I have a postgresql timestamp field, which could contain a date or be NULL.
Therefore, depending on the content of the field, the control must appear empty (DB field = NULL) or set to the DB date.
The control is set with empydates = true, and if I initialize the control with the DB date field (if it contains a valid date) everything is ok, if the DB’s date field is NULL, the control displays a checkbox (not selected) ) and empty editing slashes.
I would prefer not to see it (I would prefer the blanks field), but the worst thing is that if I click and open the calendar in order to select a consistent date, it opens with current date and month but year 1 !!!
Am I not using the control correctly?
Can you help me please ?

Thanks
Luciano[/quote]

Hello Luciano

What exactly is needed to reproduce it and what platform are we talking about ? I am guessing its Windows ?

In a test that I did then I assigned nil to the DateValue property in the Open Event of the window and then dropped down the calendar and was not able to reproduce it either on Mac or Windows.

Like this:

Sub Open() Handles Open
DateControl1.DateValue = nil
End Sub

So you will need to provide more info on where you assign nil to it to reproduce the issue. And platform info. Or if you are setting the empty date somehow differently ?

Thanks

Björn

Xojo 2017 R3
Mac osx 10.13.4
I’m sending you a screen shot where you can see the control preview into the IDE ( data = 3/5/00 ? )

[quote=386044:@luciano monti]Xojo 2017 R3
Mac osx 10.13.4
I’m sending you a screen shot where you can see the control preview into the IDE ( data = 3/5/00 ? )[/quote]

I need to know the code how to reproduce it.

Like for example this in a windows open event does not reproduce it:

Sub Open() Handles Open
DateControl1.DateValue = nil
End Sub

So like if you make empty project and set the Empty date with simple code are you able to reproduce it ?

Thanks

Björn

ExcelReader 1.2 is out

ExcelReader 1.2 adds better support for cells with custom formatters on them as well as fixing some issues.

New in 1.2:
Added FormatCode property to the Format class.
Added the constant Custom to the CellType enum.
Some fixes have also be done.

PictureButton 4.1 is out

New in 4.1:
Updated the drawing API for next generation of Xojo.

The PictureButton plugin is designed to give far better experience between platforms than the built in Xojo Bevel button.

GraphicsFormats 6.2.2, TypeLib 9.2 and TypeLibF 2.5 are out

GraphicsFormats is plugin for opening and saving image formats in the most optimized and flexible way with Image processing in mind. TypeLib and TypeLibF are support plugins to other plugins.

New in GraphicsFormats 6.2.2:
Fixed problem where 2 segments (TIFF and TGA) were for some reason missing in the Plugin for 64bit MacOS X

New in TypeLib 9.2:
Fixed drawing for some types of 16 bit per channel RawBitmap’s.

New in TypeLibF 2.5:
Fixed some 64 bit compile issues.

DateControl 7.1 is out.

New in version 7.1:

DateControl is a plugin control to offer Date control user interface input element for desktop platforms.

PictureEffectsRaw 4.1, PDF Plugin 1.6 and PictureButton 4.1.2 are out

The PictureEffectsRaw plugin enables you to do advanced image processing in Xojo using up to 8 CPU cores at once. And some of the effects can also do it in asynchronous mode.

New in PictureEffectsRaw 4.1:
* Added RankEffectRaw class. (8 bit, 16bit per channel,
RGB, CMYK, Gray, synchronous and asynchronous) (This
one was never multi core in the old non Raw version of
the plugin but is now multi core enabled like everything
else in this new plugin).
* Added 3 new example project for the RankEffectRaw class
(One normal mode, one asynchronous with callback and one
asynchronous custom flow mode).
* Added methods to the DesaturateEffectRaw class to support
asynchronous image processing.
* Added 1 new example project for using asynchronous with
the DesaturateEffectRaw class.

The PDF Plugin is to generate PDF documents from your Xojo Application. This new version adds advanced matrixes so that you can rotate your text and objects as well as do other matrix operations on them.

New in PDF Plugin 1.6:
* Added ConcatMatrix method to the Page class.

The PictureButton plugin is designed to give far better experience between platforms than the built in Xojo Bevel button.

New in PictureButton 4.1.2:
* Enter and return keys when the button has focus can now also
trigger the button in addition to the spacebar that was already
doing this.

[b]TimeControl 6.6 is out.

TimeControl is a plugin control to offer time control user interface input element for desktop platforms.

New in TimeControl 6.6:[/b]

Wow, nice Job Björn, Other useful update will be; if you’re able to add Grouping Rows Function to Excel Writer Plugin

I have actually ExcelWriter update in the pipe where I have updated most of what the library under the hood has added, I don’t remember if they added Row grouping or not would have to check. The plugin of course can only do whatever the library under the hood there offers.