Linux Cinnamon error

I cannot see the selected code in Cinnamon. If I select words they are invisible. Any hints?

Fill a feedback report.

Could be anything from graphics driver to font errors.

which Xojo version?
Change the desktop theme, maybe it helps

Nothing helps. I tried xojo 17r1 2 and 3.
And now I see more erros.
Xojo cannot load pictures from HDD in a web programm.
Same code in Winows works.
The Ide is very slow.
I tried Cinnamon, Mate, Xfcd, Gnome and KDE. Ubuntu versions, Suse and Mageia.
Xojo does’n work on any linux.

This is weird. I have 2 Linux Mint on VM and never encountered this issue. This is on Linux Mint 17.2 32 bit (Cinnamon)

Edit: using Xojo 2016r4.1

If selecting text in the code editor causes the text to become “invisible”, I would suspect the theme settings in the Linux desktop manager. Are you using a custom theme for any of these test systems?

I use the Linux IDE on 7 different Linux variants and that is one thing that I do not see.

What Linux distro are you using?

FYI, I’ve just switched from Solus Budgie to Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon because of this issue, which definitely seems to be a desktop theme issue but I couldn’t work out a solution.

Once switched to Linux Mint all is good with the world, no longer does selecting code (or even just project names in the “Recent Projects” chooser) turn everything white. In Solus I got somewhat near readable code by changing the editor’s background colour to a middling grey so that the white text was readable, but listboxes like the project chooser were still unusable.

I’m guessing the issue is that the selection background isn’t getting a colour.

We have been recommending Mint Cinnamon for desktops and CentOS 7 for servers for the last 18 months. So many of our customers’ issues have been resolved by those two changes to their environments.