Windows 10 version 1709 build 16229.125

Today I upgraded my Dev machine to this version via windows update. After that Xojo is crashing when building/debug running any dirty project. I have been using a prebuild script to save the project, but this is not effective in this case.

<CTRL + S> is your friend!

My recommendation is to avoid this update at this time (although being trained [forcibly] to <CTRL + S> may be beneficial :))

A F/B case has been raised and is being looked at.

Would Win7 compatibility mode help?

Possibly, I’m more tempted to restore to before the upgrade. I can however cope while @Norman Palardy looks at the case and be able to confirm a fix.

@Wayne Golding
My system runs Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 build 16299.192 and i haven’t seen any crashes, maybe you don’t have the latest updates installed.

@Wayne Golding
My development computer also runs Windows 10 1709 build 16299.192. I can report that everything runs smoothly.

There seems to be an issue specific to your workstation. As Andre suggests, perhaps installing all further updates to 16299.192. Alternately, perhaps a reinstall of Xojo is a lesser pain.

Norman seems to be muted lately, which is good so he can fix bugs. :slight_smile:

BTW I don’t see this crashes here.

Working here properly, as well.

This is definitely an update fail. Can’t use run as administrator anymore either, so restore is the only option for me.

Probably not related, but I am seeing some weird things with Windows Insider Preview builds: https://forum.xojo.com/45255-xojo-2017-single-file-exe-64-bit-application-packers/p1#p369647

Windows insider preview builds are expected to be wierd. they are public beta builds.

Right - they are also “new feature” builds so if something breaks Xojo apps we hope to catch it as early as possible.

I think my computer has been ill for a while, new mb, cpu & ram along with a replacement system volume restored to before update & all is well. Xojo now performs again.

heart surgery does wonders to a computer.