Will these new RPI products work with Xojo?

Hello all.

Can anyone tell me if these RPi’s work with Xojo or not?
Compute Module Raspberry Pi 3
Pi Zero W

The docs say that the Pi Zero is not supported, but I was wondering if that may have changed with the latest Pi Zero W ow available.
Thanks,
Tim

This only adds wireless capabilities. The CPU did not change, still does not support ARMv7 and thus cannot run Xojo apps.

This is just a shrunken Raspberry Pi 3. It uses the same CPU, although slightly slower, as the Pi 3 (BCM2837) and thus should be able to run Xojo apps.

Thanks Paul,
Tim

I can confirm from experience that the Compute Module 3 works fine with Xojo apps.

Thanks Gavin.
Do you know if the Compute Module 3 has the same problem with the UART as does the Pi 3b? Or does it really have 2 hardware UARTS?

Thanks again Everyone!
Tim

[quote=368767:@Tim Seyfarth]Thanks Gavin.
Do you know if the Compute Module 3 has the same problem with the UART as does the Pi 3b? Or does it really have 2 hardware UARTS?

Thanks again Everyone!
Tim[/quote]
Same problem I’m afraid but, as with the Pi itself, there are workarounds on the official forums. Can dig up some code if you need it.

Thanks Gavin.
I found the code too and got the RPi3 working. The the Compute Module3 have on-board wifi and Blue Tooth? Reviewing the docs it was hard to tell if they were on-board. My thought is that they are not, but figured I’d ask while writing to you.

BTW, what are you using yours for?

Thanks,
Tim

[quote=368772:@Tim Seyfarth]Thanks Gavin.
I found the code too and got the RPi3 working. The the Compute Module3 have on-board wifi and Blue Tooth? Reviewing the docs it was hard to tell if they were on-board. My thought is that they are not, but figured I’d ask while writing to you.[/quote]
Nope, no WiFi or Bluetooth onboard but there is 4GB of storage (except on the Lite version). Unless you have specific requirements, the Pi 3 is usually the way to go as it’s so capable and versatile. What are you working on?

[quote=368772:@Tim Seyfarth]
BTW, what are you using yours for?[/quote]
The CM3s weren’t mine but I did use 2 of them in a small project last year for a retail client. They’re in custom interactive displays where the space was too tight for the full Pi.

I’ve lots of Pis at home though, more than I ever use. There’s an inverse relationship between the amount of Pis I buy and the amount of free time I have! But my daughter and I did a nature cam project in the backyard a couple of years ago, sensing animal movement at night and capturing footage and sending a notification to her Pi in her bedroom. Fun stuff.

Will the Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+ work with Xojo??
Thanks again!
Tim

[quote=369230:@Tim Seyfarth]Will the Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+ work with Xojo??
Thanks again!
Tim[/quote]
no