XOJO 2017R3 Disappearing Project parts

Hello,

It seems that I got some fishy parts recently, I worked on a project, I saved the project, and today after 3 days I opened the project again, and it was opening like I just opened a real basic project not a XOJO project, the other part is that 2 classes are completely missing from the project but if I check on the project folder I have the 2 classes but not in the project.

Anybody have an idea on how. to restore that back and how to add that back on the project ?

XOJO : 2017R3

Thanks

What kind of project file? Is it Text, XML, or Binary?

There may be a binary backup of the last time you ran your project in debug mode in the backup location, someone else will have to recall where that is though (I don’t happen to remember).

Backup solutions like Version Control or Time Machine may have a copy of your project, but I’m not sure there is anything you can do with your project file to recover these. File a feedback case and privately attach the project so that engineers may look at it and possibly determine how it happened.

[quote=368723:@Tim Parnell]What kind of project file? Is it Text, XML, or Binary?

There may be a binary backup of the last time you ran your project in debug mode in the backup location, someone else will have to recall where that is though (I don’t happen to remember).

Backup solutions like Version Control or Time Machine may have a copy of your project, but I’m not sure there is anything you can do with your project file to recover these. File a feedback case and privately attach the project so that engineers may look at it and possibly determine how it happened.[/quote]
Hi Tim,

Well the project is XOJO_Project so the Text type , and I find out more and more that the whole project is messed up, and I work like daily on it so I don’t see why it happened like that , if it helps , I just did the latest updates on OSX and since that time it started to go wild and crazy , I have no idea what they put in those or if it`s even related.

So far I have a git push but that will set me back to a lot of work hours to be redone, Hopefully I have the text files so I guess I could extract from there bits of code and re-create the project as it was.

So basically I see the project files on the project folder but somehow are unlinked from the project. Is there a way to add them back to the project ? most of them are methods , classes and some interfaces.

It is not productive at all honestly but I have no idea why and what makes it like that.

One big part I noticed is if you press Command + Q and not File -> Quit XOJO hangs and goes wild and some times after I open it again it crashes and once I restart it again it tells me that I have unsaved / crashed projects and If I want to restore them, even if I did not opened any project due to crash.

I will see in the feedback if there are any cases like this.

It might be due to AFPS ?

Thanks.

I’ve been working on the IDE project using 2017r3 on a machine that’s formatted with AFPS for a little over a month and haven’t seen the level of corruption you are describing.

If you have the files on disk, you could just drag them into the project and save again, but I’m more curious about where you are saving them?

You wouldn’t happen to be saving the project to a Dropbox folder or a network drive, would you?