Tab key pressed and text "darkens"

Hi!

Has anyone else noticed this on their systems when using tab key to change focus on Xojo built app?

I’ve set up tabstops and taborder… This doesn’t happen when i use mouse to change focus, only when tab or shif+tab is pressed.

Hi Jari,

This should help:
https://forum.xojo.com/44070-strange-window-behaviour/0#p357793

I have this problem with an app I’m working on now. I found the solution a few days ago here on the forum but I haven’t implemented a fix yet because I’m still in the early stages of development, so it’s not a priority issue, ATM. I think this weekend I’m going to make a custom control using a canvas. As you said on the other thread, it’s more work but…I’ll only have to do it once.

which thread is it?? is the one share by Steve??

Richard, yes, I think it has to do with transparency.

Darren, if it’s not a priority issue then you can wait for 2018r1.

Thank you for fast and rapid answers, big thanks to Steve for solution!

Yes, I saw that one and also this one.

Oh, okay. Thanks for that info, Alberto. I’ll just wait then.

[quote=368669:@Alberto De Poo]Richard, yes, I think it has to do with transparency.

Darren, if it’s not a priority issue then you can wait for 2018r1.[/quote]

are you talking about transparency on the textboxes or the labels?

Richard, I think the problem is with labels, I don’t know if textboxes do the same.

The issue doesn’t occur with textboxes (WIN7 2016R3). You can use a text field instead of a label, but text fields cannot be set to transparent so you have to change the backcolor to match (no good for images underneath).

Due to “flashing labels” whilst tabbing, I’ve used text fields instead, which don’t suffer from the flashing issue. Unfortunately the user can enter the field with the mouse and change/delete it. I’ve got around that issue by using the TextChange event: Me.Text=“MyTextLabel”.

Dirty, but it works ok and simpler than always having to use a canvas with StringShape/DrawString etc.