Anyone in Copenhagen/Malmö area? (Scandinavia)

Hi all,

Sometimes I think that I must be the only one in Denmark using Xojo, but I hope this isn’t true :slight_smile:

I would like to set up an informal user group here so if you are out there please reply and we could meet in Copenhagen or South Sweden area… (or somewhere centrally located that suits all involved).

My background is in marketing/sales and I have no IT education, but I have been playing about with computers since my Commodore 64 and Amiga in the mid-80’ies… I am new to Xojo but have programmed with Realbasic earlier so it is not all new. I have a few apps in the Appstore made with other tools.

Best regards,

Kristian, Copenhagen, Denmark

There are a lot.

We had a meeting in 2016:

https://forum.xojo.com/31568-xojo-meetings-in-copenhagen-and-stockholm

I have 14 people in database from Copenhagen +100 km around.
If you organize something, I could email them…

Thanks a lot, Christian - I am very pleased to hear this.

I have set up a doodle - If you could please share the link - and we will see what happens.

Best regards,

Kristian

Link to doodle:
https://doodle.com/poll/mpa7cpt42fenwzmp

Ok. You could sign up yourself there…

Thanks for the heads up Christian and great initiative Kristian

I have selected all dates on Doodle.
I work with feature films, TV-series and TV-commercials. I use Xojo for all kinds of graphics and project management.

All the best,
Alexander, Copenhagen

Hello Alexander,

Great to hear from you. I look forward to share experiences and perhaps also learn from a fellow Xojo developer :slight_smile:

I’ll give the doodle a few more days to see if we can be more. I see you also live/work around the Copenhagen area which is great ( I live in Søborg) so depending if we get others onboard, we can select a central location in Copenhagen.

Best regards,

Kristian

Just emailed 20 people to invite them to join this thread and the poll :slight_smile:

By the way, I would be available all the dates, but not sure if I would be nearby.

I received Christians email and have selected all days on the doodle as well.

I work in television and have used Xojo for a lot of different apps, both for internal use and commercial…

Hope it works out…

I live in Copenhagen.

I also received Christians email and have selected the last 3 days on doodle.
I work as freelance consultant and have used Xojo in some smaller projects (windows and web) in Denmark.

Hope to meet you all in Copenhagen.

Best regards,
Kim

Hi all,

I am very pleased to hear from you all! Thanks to Christian for sending out the mail. You are most welcome to join us, Christian, but to be fair we dont really have an agenda yet so it might be more worth your time to join us when we are more organized. But you are most welcome :slight_smile:

It is also a small world: Ask, I believe your fathers name is Bo? If yes, we are almost neighbours :slight_smile:

It seems as if we are all based in Copenhagen. We can either meet in a bar/cafe in centre of Copenhagen or we can meet at meeting facilities either at “Idrttens Hus”, Brndby, (my workplace) or at “Gladsaxe Hovedbibliotek”, Gladsaxe, where I have access to a meeting room. If you have other suggestions or access to meeting faciliites, please feel free to contribute.

I’ll give the Doodle a few more days to see if we can get more onboard - but the date will be one of the last three as it is where everyone can attend.

Looking forward to seeing you!

Regards,

Kristian

Thanks for the initiative, Kristian

I work in broadcast (television) and have made numerous small and not so small apps with Xojo. My current project is a web based automation system. The anchor will be controlling everything in the show from an iPad (fingers crossed).

Best regards
jvind

Hi jvind,

Great to hear from you. It seems as if a few of you have a background in Broadcast and actually, I have, too. :slight_smile:

I look forward to meeting you.

I’ll checke the doodle by friday and get back to you all with a proposal for agenda and meeting place.

Best regards,

Kristian