Unable to build application

Dear Xojo

I have recently purchased a Windows Lite licence so that I can build application on my windows desktop however when I go to build an application in Xojo, it is asking me to purchase a licence even though I already have. Can you please help me with this?

Thank you.

Mark Giltinan

Have you logged into Xojo from the IDE? This is under Help->My Account.

Yes I have. It is showing my email address so I assume that is telling me that I have logged in successfully from the IDE.

Check under license keys. If your license is not showing try the update button.

Thanks Wayne, I have done that as well and the licence is showing in the licence key list. Is there a chance my licence doesn’t allow me to build applications?

That’s about as far as my knowledge of Xojo licensing goes. Try emailing support@xojo.com or hello@xojo.com.

Alright, no worries. Thanks, I’ll try them then.

Mark, make sure you only select Windows as target (you said you have a Lite version to build for Windows), if you have selection for other platform it will tell you to buy a license because yours will not let it.

Build Settings: macOS and Linux, unchecked, Windows (or This Computer if you have Xojo running on Windows), checked.

No, that’s what licenses are for. Definitely check Alberto’s suggestion though. It would explain what you are seeing.

Windows Lite = Build Windows Desktop Applications.

DRM - the gift that keeps on giving.