Xojo advertisement spam

Hey Xojo-Team,

since some days most of the internet advertisements I get to see, are Xojo adverts.

I already have a Xojo-licence and you definitely need to overthink your strategy :wink:

read

Also see:
xojo is stalking me

Stop doing Quest (on Google) with site:wojo.com or forum.xojo.com and so on.

But you will start to get other advertising (unless you use a ad blockerĀ…)

IĀ’d rather see Xojo adĀ’s than most that are shown. :slight_smile:

Try a slow connection and you will understand why some are against advertisingsĀ…

In Yahoo mail, when there is an advertising image change, I can get Ā“internet is not activeĀ” displayed in a box (or so)Ā… and sometimes the embedded image is ot saved (not the adĀ…).

Vive la publicitƩ !

Use AdBlock, Ghostery, and ClickToPlugin.

Also realize that ads can be used to spread malware - see https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malvertising

And for goodness sake uninstall flash and silverlight.

[quote=365204:@Markus Winter]Use AdBlock, Ghostery, and ClickToPlugin.

Also realize that ads can be used to spread malware - see https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malvertising

And for goodness sake uninstall flash and silverlight.[/quote]

Or just use W3M :stuck_out_tongue:

I donā€™t like spam and overwhelming advertisements, but I do like seeing Xojo grow. The more customers xojo has, the better for us all.

Without going into too much detail, I will say that you do not see Xojo ads just for going to our website or forum. You have to take a certain set of actions in order to be enrolled in a remarketing campaign. We certainly donā€™t intend to spam, but the volume really varies. We do see a lot of results from these campaigns.

**If youā€™re using a website that provides a free service, how else do you think the service gets paid for? (Yahoo!) :-p Are they attempting to end net neutrality because of all the people using ad-blockers losing site owners billions of $$$$? :-o Noā€¦lol

I love seeing Xojo ads in the sidebar and header/footer of websitesā€¦it doesnā€™t do anything for me, but it makes me smile every time! :slight_smile: Itā€™s like seeing a random friend when youā€™re on vacation, that you never expected to seeā€¦a million miles from home.

I also love seeing the Xojo ads. Actually, they look cool and have class.

I started to get Xojo ads after issuing Google quest on the docs (or was it developer ot both) web site.

Now, I try to do that with Yahoo and I stoipped getting ads with Xojo contents. I get other ads :frowning:

And my problem is not (really) getting Xojo ads, but ads in a slow internet connection.

We have here in Botswana very poor internet and all those advertisements slow down our internet severely. Therefore, any advertisement has a negative impact on the companies behind those advertisements.

That is the reason why we have a paid Pro Yahoo account, there is no spam at all.

Regretfully, and believe me I regret this very much, Xojo is among the worst spammers because everywhere we look, Xojo is present. Being responsible for slowing down someone else poor internet is not good marketing isnā€™t it?

Our second development tool comes from a small British company. We do not receive spam from them, when they have an upgrade they inform us by email and we buy the upgrade always. If we have a problem, just an email away and it is solved. We donā€™t have to vote in a feedback request, when we like a new feature, we suggest and they tell us if it is possible or not. If we need assistance, we do not need an enterprise or pro plan for priority support, we get it for free. By the way, they have only a demo and their full version, just to keep things simple for them and their customers. That kind of marketing works bestā€¦ customer satisfaction. For Xojo we are too small to be of any influence or importance, we have to accept their rulings and decisions. It is a negative tendency I regretfully see now for years. How many of you have the same feeling as us; Xojo is no longer listening to small customer as ourselves? If your licence is lower than ā€œProā€, then you no longer count. This is very sad because, the best marketing techniques are worthless when your customers have this kind of feeling.

I can only advice Xojo inc to invest more efforts and resources in keeping all customers happy. In the end it is the customer who pays the salaries and the development.

facepalm

Guys, you seeing Xojo adverts is just a consequence of your own browsing and search habits. Maybe you googled for cross platform development or some other keyword that Xojo has marked as an area of interest for their marketing.

There would be an advert for another company in its place if the Xojo advert wasnā€™t shown so it is NOT causing you increased download or slower internet or anything other than an alternative advert.

If you donā€™t like adverts, get an adblocker and please stop this pointless topic where you are wasting your own time and bandwidth by discussing it.

:slight_smile:

[quote=365409:@]

Guys, you seeing Xojo adverts is just a consequence of your own browsing and search habits.[/quote]

That explains it. No more Googling for discount Russian brides for me.
:wink:

:smiley: