Check our QuickLook Plugin for Xojo and Real Studio Projects

We updated our QuickLook plugin to version 1.5 to support future Xojo version.

You have several Xojo and Real Studio versions in use? Want to know in advance what version a project has?
Well, in that case, try our plug-in for QuickLook: MBS-Xojo-QuickLook-Plugin.dmg

After installation of our plug-in to /Library/QuickLook and you run “qlmanage -r” in Terminal app or logged in the next time, your icons look like this:

Enjoy! This plug-in is freeware, so tell your friends. Version 1.5 adds support for newer Xojo versions.

~/Library/QuickLook or /Library/QuickLook, whatever you prefer.

The Library folder located in the root boot disk (not the “user” Library folder who do not have a QuickLook folder…)

Than create one.
For me it’s in the ~/Library/QuickLook folder now for years.

Thanks…

the plugin file is dated january 2014 ???

Uploaded again. Can you try download again?

The 2014 version also works fine, except not for Xojo 2018 correctly.

[quote=365028:@Christian Schmitz]Uploaded again. Can you try download again?

The 2014 version also works fine, except not for Xojo 2018 correctly.[/quote]
this one is ok, from this night …
I already had the same from 2014, so when it asked me to replace the same file, I search for the creation date.
thanks Christian.

That works. But I always get the Xojo Project Icon, even if selecting a .rbp which shows Version 2007.05. I’d expect to see the green Cube with such an old .rbp…?

No problem here.
Works fine with old files from 2006 and 2007, even 5.5.
You are right the new plugin is loaded?

Plugin shows Version 1.5 with Cmd+I.
All my old .rbp’s show the Xojo-Icon in QuickLook, even though the Version is correct (e.g. 2007.05).
Not a big deal, since the Version is what one can’t see without this ql-Plugin. But of course it would be nice to get the correct project icon. The FileIcon i get to see is the green cube, but Quicklook shows the Xojo one.

Well, on the long run, Xojo icon is fine. :slight_smile:

@Christian Schmitz - any chance this gets updated to support DarkMode?
In DarkMode, it shows the Xojo Icon, and below the Project Version with black Text (on Finder’s dark background).

Sorry, I tried it, but NSAppearance doesn’t report dark mode and NSColor.textColor gives black.
Not sure how to detect dark mode within the quicklook plugin.

How about: defaults read -g AppleInterfaceStyle
If that returns “Dark”, then use a different Color for the Text?

[quote=455539:@Jürg Otter]How about: defaults read -g AppleInterfaceStyle
If that returns “Dark”, then use a different Color for the Text?[/quote]
that might tell you the “right now” value, but wouldn’t trigger if the mode changed without polling again, and for an icon that is “expensive”

Me neither :slight_smile:
Are you dynamically drawing the Image? Then maybe like this?

Please load newer version here: MBSREALbasicQuickLookPlugin.dmg.
Let me know whether it works.

You’ve linked an old “REALbasic” version (1.4) :wink:

I’ve downloaded the new MBS-Xojo-QuickLook-Plugin instead - and it’s new DarkMode support is working perfectly.
Thanks a lot!

Great.