ToringoDRMInfo plugin not working with 2017r3?

Hi. Just updated to 2017 r3 recently and went to run my project. It appears the ToringoDRMInfo plugin is not working with the latest Xojo version. I contacted Toringo to inquire about this but also wanted to check with the group to see if anyone else is using this plugin with 17r3 and if they’ve gotten it to work.

Temporarily, I have reverted to 2017 r2 to test my project, and the plugin is working with this version.

Thoughts? Help?

You need to ask them for a 64-bit compatible version.

That must be it. Thank you Christian! I emailed them asking for the 64-bit version

You’re going to need that anyway if f you intend to compile as 64-bit in the future.

I was using them up until about 2 years ago, but ran in the 64-bit issue. I asked them and they said they were not sure if they were going to put out a 64-bit version. So I switched that functionality over to my Monkeybread library (and I am not sure why I was not using Monkeybread for my needs anyway, as I own that library also). Things may have changed with Toringo, but that was the response I got from them a little over 2 years ago.

Shameless plug: I have found so many uses for the Monkeybread libs over the years, they seem to plug in just about every hole I find in code work.

If you use ToringoDRM for licensing, maybe you could take an eye on GuancheMOS plugin. It is 64 bits ready (macOS, Windows, Linux).

Javier

Hi Javier, One question on your GuancheMOS plugin. Can it generate the same unique identifier for each machine every time a program is run? I am looking for something that will uniquely identify a user’s machine and return the same string each time. But it should return a unique string for each machine. Can GuancheMOS do this or does it return a different string each session?

GuancheMOS is about generating and validating licenses (serial numbers) for your apps, but I can give that functionality to you too… In fact, I’m using that already :wink:

Send me a “private” message if you are interested, please.

Javier

[quote=411248:@Javier Menéndez]GuancheMOS is about generating and validating licenses (serial numbers) for your apps, but I can give that functionality to you too… In fact, I’m using that already :wink:

Send me a “private” message if you are interested, please.

Javier[/quote]

Maybe you can let current users of GuancheMOS in on the secret :smiley:

No secrets! :smiley:

Well… I’ve been working on an update for GuancheMOS from time ago… and the feature we are talking about (among others) will be available in a future edition; so if @Merv Pate (or anyone, for the case) needs to implement that, just ping me and we can talk :wink:

Nice
I await the GuancheMOS future edition :smiley:

Thanks Javier, but I’ll await to see what is officially in the product in the next release. I’ve used some one-offs in some other products in my code before, and I am usually sorry that I did because support in the future can’t be guaranteed. I’ve got something that works well on the Mac, but Windows is a different story, The feature I am looking for is some function that can identify the user’s machine and that doesn’t change over time after a Windows update or something that the user can change (or at least can’t change easily or unintentionally).