About handlespecialURL

1. last week

Brian O

Dec 6 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Calgary, AB

I have an application that handles 'special' urls using handleSpecialURL in my App.
    at the moment it constructs a web page by using command like this:

Request.Print("<!DOCTYPE html>" + EndOfLine) Request.Print("<html>" + EndOfLine) Request.Print("<head>" + EndOfLine) Request.Print("<title>Example Output</title>" + EndOfLine) Request.Print("</head>" + EndOfLine) ...

But what if i have a webpage class what do i do in the event handler to show the requestor that page instead of trying to print out the html?

2. Phillip Z

Dec 6 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Florence, SC

You should try to use HandleURL as it is new and improved.

In reference to your question you want to use a Xojo WebPage instead of always writing your HTML?

3. Brian O

Dec 6 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Calgary, AB

I'm using handle special url unless it's deprecated....
    Are you saying I should be able to intercept all url calls to my application in that event?
    But I'm afraid I don't understand your answer to my question Phillip...

4. Phillip Z

Dec 6 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Florence, SC

I do not believe it is deprecated. Only different is HandleSpecialURL can only capture requests that are in /api/or /special/

Can you clarify: "But what if i have a webpage class what do i do in the event handler to show the requestor that page instead of trying to print out the html?"

5. Michel B

Dec 7 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

HandleURL intercepts all calls to the app, including normal operation at the root.

6. Greg O

Dec 7 Xojo Inc Somewhere near Raleigh, NC

@Michel B HandleURL intercepts all calls to the app, including normal operation at the root.

That’s almost true. It does not intercept a handful of urls that are necessary for sessions to work.

See http://docs.xojo.com/index.php/WebApplication.HandleURL for more info.

7. Michel B

Dec 7 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

One thing I know is that returning true will very effectively prevent a normal session to connect. I thought that could be very effective for a login system.

8. Greg O

@Michel B One thing I know is that returning true will very effectively prevent a normal session to connect. I thought that could be very effective for a login system.

That’s true if Request.Path = “”.

9. Brian O

Dec 7 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Calgary, AB

Guys!? :)
    How do I set the response page?

10. Greg O

@Brian OBrien Guys!? :)
    How do I set the response page?

If it’s a WebPage object, you don’t do anything and let the framework handle it for you.

If you’re looking to redirect a user to a specific page once they’ve connected, just do something like this in Session.Open

LoginPage.Show

or Sign Up to reply!