1. ‹ Older
  2. last week

Alberto D

Dec 6 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

Is this only on Windows installations?

3. Tom D

Edited last week

I removed R3 and R2.1 still has this new behavior. I rebooted and reinstalled R2.1. Again, Still no Joy. I'm basically dead in the water since most of my development is based around web apps and MySQL Server.

4. Paul L

Dec 6 Xojo Inc http://developer.xojo.com

I just tried 2017r3 on Windows 10 and I do not get a compile error with this code:

Dim db As New MySQLCommunityServer

Are you absolutely sure the plugin is loaded? You can check by going to About Xojo and clicking the "Loaded Plugins" tab.

And make sure you are using the MySQLCommunityPlugin from r3 and not a plugin from an older version.

5. Tom D

Albert De Poo. I'm on Windows 7 so it's definitely happening on the Windows platform. I haven't fired up my Mac and installed R3 on it yet. I'll let someone that has verify if the problem exists there too.

I'm considering uninstalling all versions of Xojo and trying a clean install of 2.1. The fact that it occurred on R2.1 only after installing R3 leads me to believe R3 made some systemic change either in in the registry.

6. Try cleaning out all the files from the AppData folder Xojo is creating for itself.

7. Paul L

I also just tried Windows 7 but I still do not get a compile error with this code:

Dim db As New MySQLCommunityServer
  8. Tom D

Paul I've always created a Public Property MySQLDB as MySQLCommunityServer and up until I installed R3 and attempted to use it today I've never had a problem with that. I have dozens of apps with that method.

I'm encountering the error in my connection Methods and the debugger says that it Can't find a type with this name
    MySQLDB = New MySQLCommunityServer highlighting MySQLCommunityServer

Public Function DBConnect(DBName As String) as Boolean
      // creates new database instance
      // and connects to it, noting any problems
      // and giving the operator a chance to reconnect

Dim connected As Boolean

Do
        MySQLDB = New MySQLCommunityServer
        MySQLDB.Port = DBPort
        MySQLDB.DatabaseName = DBName
        MySQLDB.Host = MySQLDBHost
        MySQLDB.UserName = MySQLDBLoginID
        MySQLDB.Password = MySQLDBPassword

connected = MySQLDB.Connect()

If connected =  False Then
          Dim desc,err As String
          desc = "Globals.DBConnect.DBName.Database Error"
          err = ", Cannot Contect to Database  " + Str(MySQLDB.ErrorCode) + " - " + MySQLDB.ErrorMessage
          // Log the Exception
          LogExceptions(desc + err)
          // Send a Notification Email
          SendEmail(desc + err,"StatusWebService." + desc,"text")
          Return False
        Else
          Return True
        End If
      Loop until connected 

End Function

Public Function DBConnect(host As String, name As String, loginID As String, password As String) as Boolean
      // creates new database instance
      // and connects to it, noting any problems
      // and giving the operator a chance to reconnect
      // NOTE gets connect info from Preferences Window fields directly

Dim connected As Boolean

Do
        MySQLDB = New MySQLCommunityServer
        MySQLDB.Port =DBPort
        MySQLDB.DatabaseName = name
        MySQLDB.Host = host
        MySQLDB.UserName = loginID
        MySQLDB.Password = password

connected = MySQLDB.Connect()

If connected =  False Then
          Dim desc,err As String
          desc = "Globals.DBConnect.List.Database Error"
          err = ", Cannot Contect to Database  " + Str(MySQLDB.ErrorCode) + " - " + MySQLDB.ErrorMessage
          // Log the Exception
          LogExceptions(desc + err)
          // Send a Notification Email
          SendEmail(desc + err,"StatusWebService." + desc,"text")
        Else
          Return(True)
        End If
      Loop until connected 

End Function
  9. Paul L

@Tom D Paul I've always created a Public Property MySQLDB as MySQLCommunityServer and up until I installed R3 and attempted to use it today I've never had a problem with that. I have dozens of apps with that method.

That method works fine and continues to work fine for me having just again tried it with Windows 10. Have you verified the plugin is loaded by going to About Xojo and clicking "Loaded Plugins"?

10. Tom D

It is showing as loaded in R2.1 under About>Loaded Plugins. I'll have to reinstall R3 again to verify it shows as loaded there but whatever caused the issue in R3 has affected 2.1 which was working correctly before the R3 install.

11. Tom D

OK after removing All plugins except the 4 standard DB plugins it is now working on 2.1. I can only presume there is a plugin conflict with one of the Einhugur or MBS plugins I am using. I downloaded and upgraded to the latest versions of both when I downloaded and installed R3.

I'll update once I figure out what the culprit is and then try R3 again.

12. Alberto D

Edited last week

Good to know Tom. I hope you can find the conflicting plugin soon.

I fired up my Windows 7 64bit laptop that have 2.1 there, downloaded r3 and I don't have any issues with MySQL plugin. I don't have any 3rd party plugins.

13. Emile S

Dec 6 Europe (France, Strasbourg)

And you do not had these troubles with the beta versions ?

14. Jordan M

Dec 6 Pre-Release Testers

For me I found the issue on my end it seems I had and out of date "MBS Xojo Win Plugin.xojo_plugin" that would some how stop the MySQL plug-in from loading once updated issue was resolved.

15. Tim P

Are we possibly running into the max DLL problem?

16. Tom D

I don't think so. I believe I've tracked the issue down as an issue with the latest Einhugur e-crypt engine but I have some more testing to do. An older version of e-crypt engine doesn't cause the conflict.

17. Bob K

Dec 6 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Kansas City

MBS did some major rewrites on the plugin structure this year. Make sure you've updated to 17.5.

18. Bob K

And Einhugur has done quite a few updates recently as well.

19. Tom D

Dec 6 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Answer

Problem solved. Apparently The Einhugur e-CryptIt Engine 13.1.5 was corrupt. Installing a new copy fixed the issue. R3 is reinstalled and all plugins are now working correctly

Bob, I made sure that I had updated MBS to 17.5 and all my Einhugur plugins were the latest versions before installing R3 the first time.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Now get back to work. I'll owe you a beer at XDC.

20. Bob K

@Tom D Now get back to work. I'll owe you a beer at XDC.

Sadly, I won't be at XDC in Denver. My son is graduating high school and that's in the death march to graduation time period.

21. Tom D

@Bob K Sadly, I won't be at XDC in Denver. My son is graduating high school and that's in the death march to graduation time period.

-image-

or Sign Up to reply!