Continue Waiting?

1. 2 years ago

Christian S

4 Dec 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers, Third Party Store Germany

Hi,

is there a switch to increase the wait time before the dialog comes?

I have a client with a slower computer and launching a bigger Web project always shows one or two dialogs where you have to click Continue before the web app is running.

2. Greg O

4 Dec 2017 Xojo Inc scout.galaxy.barn

There is no preference for that... but it should only appear during a debug run. Are you saying that this appears on a built app?

Fwiw, the other non-cancel option should make the dialog not appear a second time. I just don’t remember what the caption is.

3. Christian S

4 Dec 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers, Third Party Store Germany

no, while debugging.
    But app starts regularly takes a long time on that older PC.
    It would love to set the timeout for first dialog to a minute or so.

4. Greg O

4 Dec 2017 Xojo Inc scout.galaxy.barn

It’s designed to tell you that the startup of the app (before the app can serve sessions) is taking a long time.

5. Christian S

But it shows right after launch.

So it compiles a minute or so, than you see it switches to launch.
    And within a fraction of second, the dialog shows, so the app has no time to launch before this dialog is coming.

6. 5 weeks ago

Matthew G

Oct 14 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Palmerston North, New Zealand

This has started happening again with large project in debug, 2019r2, Calamity oh I mean Catalina

Your application has failed to launch. If you continue to wait, it may launch. Otherwise, see the Messages pane for possible information that might explain the problem.

Choose Hide to stop being bugged by this, as it continues to popup otherwise during the debug session...which is now running in the browser. As Christian describes it displays this message almost instantly after compiling

or Sign Up to reply!