CubeSQL interest for MBS SQL Plugin?

Hello,

Who uses CubeSQL and is interested to use MBS SQL Plugin to connect to it?

We may add support for CubeSQL in a future version if there is enough interest.

(as there is cost involved for external C++ developer which I need to get back via MBS SQL Plugin sales)

Greetings
Christian

CubeSQL is the database server for SQLite offered by SQLabs Inc:
http://www.sqlabs.com/cubesql.php

MBS SQL Plugin connects to 14 different database systems:
http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/xojo/plugin-sql.shtml

We could connect both.

Sure go for it. Not sure what the advantage would be over the existing plugin?

One plugin to use and you can than connect to 15 database systems.

Yeah that is great if you own MBS SQL already.

Do you think cubeSQL owners would purchase your plugin because it is superior to the SQLabs one? How so?

I only inquire about the merit of it because you mention it will have a material cost to you.

To my knowledge and experience and those of our customers the cubeSQL plugin meets every need.

The key thing is to have one plugin for all instead an extra CubeSQL one.
Than we have the benefits of our plugin like named parameters, preemptive threaded connect, execute and select, locally cached records and batch transfer of records.

I personally do not care how many plugins I have.

[quote=362869:@Christian Schmitz]
Than we have the benefits of our plugin like named parameters, preemptive threaded connect, execute and select, locally cached records and batch transfer of records.[/quote]

Now that stuff is interesting. Would be curious if there are speed improvements.

waiting to see how it will perform. :slight_smile:

You are welcome to write a benchmark for them to compare.

Christian… mbs sql plugin that counld support CubeSQL would be lovely

I use cubesql and mbs so that would’ve great

I use cubesql and mbs sql and I would like to use one plugin to connect to all databases I use.

I use CubeSQL using their plugin, hosted on 1701 Software platform (Thanks Phillip). So far the current CubeSQL plugin has performed great.
Recently I have seen an increase in requests for iOS apps, I rather see MBS develop products to make it easy to connect and use REST Databases such as Firebase, CosmoDB, etc.
Right now, it is a little rough writing all the code to obtain tokens and allow access.

By the way, I told my customer that I won’t write iOS apps until we are able to change the backcolor on a iOS screen using Xojo without Declares and all that stuff.

I am interested for a medium-size database I am building.

done.

Betatesters welcome :slight_smile: