IOS Run Disabled

1. last year

I have downloaded Xojo version 2017 v2r1 and xCode 8 on a MacBook. When opening a new ios project. the run and build button are disabled. When running xCode for the first time, i did accept the license agreement. So, why dont the button work? It is not the baught version, so i dont expect build to work, but i need to know what is going on as far as run is conserned.

Launch Xcode 8
    Preferences
    Locations (tab)

Check that Command Line Tools has Xcode 8.x selected

2. Tim P

28 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers Answer feedback://46303

Launch Xcode 8
    Preferences
    Locations (tab)

Check that Command Line Tools has Xcode 8.x selected

3. Thank you very much!

4. Jason T

13 Dec 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Sydney, Australia

This particular thing comes up so often it seems like poor design to me. There's no point in disabling a button if it's not obvious to the user why the button is disabled. It would be better for the IDE to display a message when Run is clicked so the user understands what they need to go ahead and do.

5. @Jason T That is also true.

6. 5 months ago

Chris H

Oct 1 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Grand Rapids Michigan

so this appears to be happening again, and I have the latest XCode 10.0 selected in the command line tools preferences.
    I'm guessing this isn't compatible?
    What do I need to do to be able to debug again?

7. Tim P

Oct 1 Pre-Release Testers feedback://46303

You can't use Xcode 10 or Mojave right now.

8. Chris H

ug... can I manually downgrade?

9. Tim P

Oct 1 Pre-Release Testers feedback://46303

Xcode? Yes, I believe you can grab the latest 9.x version from the Apple developer downloads section.

The whole OS? I believe so, but if I'm remembering correctly it's not a fun or short process (wipe install being the only way). I may be wrong on this process, which I'm open to correction on.

10. Chris H

I just meant Xcode. I wasn’t sure if I could have multiple generations installed at once. I’ve just been using the auto system updates, so never manually downloaded.

Thanks.

11. Paul L

Oct 1 Xojo Inc http://docs.xojo.com

You can have both Xcode 9 and 10 installed at the same time. More information here:

http://developer.xojo.com/userguide/xcode-setup

12. 3 months ago

Philip C

Nov 11 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Cooroy, QLD, Australia

You might need to go to Xcode--> Window_->devices and simulators-->simulators and remove those that don't relate to the versions of Xcode that you are running. Took me three weeks and a lot of searching on the forum before I could run an iOS project, even though I could compile it. Removing the inappropriate simulators fixed my problem

or Sign Up to reply!