Can I replace the "This application has encountered an error and cannot continue."

I have read various forum posts but none seem to actually answer the question. If a JavaScript error is caused, I would like to give the user our own error report. I would like to do this for the following reasons:

• I would like to give the user the option to reload their session with a custom link that will attempt to return the user to where they left off.
  • I would like the message style to match the look and feel of the rest of our application
  • The current error message doesn’t display properly on some mobile devices.

As suggested in the following post I do use the UnhandledException event, But this only handles server-side detectable errors it would seem.

Can you remove “The application has encountered an error…”

Any help would be appreciated! I don’t want to revert to hackish methods.

See the session constant ErrorDialogMessage

Thanks Wayne! I’ll have a look…

It would seem those constants only allow me to edit the text. I would like to edit the CSS of the Exception Dialog or replace it completely.

In the session javascript error event you can return true or false.

You may be able to show a message or different page, or redirect…using showurl

There’s currently no way to replace that dialog. You can prevent it from appearing due to exceptions on the server however. To do so, make sure you implement Session.UnhandledException to deal with any exceptions that do occur and then return True.

This is a shame, for the error message isn’t responsive to small screen sizes. If a mobile user encounters an error, they are then faced with half a feedback page…

This seems like it’s worth a Feedback case.